Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubio fractured Lemieiux Jaw!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy fight... Lemieux was hitting Rubio with bombs in the beginning, but Rubio was covering up really well.

I do think Lemieux will be back though. This could be good for him cause he is very young and should consider moving on to a top tier trainer.

I know it is hard for fighters to ditch the trainers that brought them up, but there comes a time when they taught you everything they can and they only way to get better is to move on.

Comment

is capetillo training him?

Download Software

Comment

This report from a french site in Quebec is saying that Lemieux sustained no injuries and all x-rays were negative:

http://www.rds.ca/boxe/chroniques/317907.html

Comment

Like i said in this previous thread, Credit to his trainer who saw that his 22 yr old charge would have a better and longer career with a loss on his record than a shorter and beat down one.

We have "Expert" on the other thread who claim his trainer was too emotional connected to lemieiux and thats why he stopped the fight too early, Those expert also advise him to look for a new trainer smh, More boxers need trainers like that and a loss isnt the end of the world.

In the time when everyone talk down on undefeated records just because of Mayweather and Calzaghe but now we have a trainer who didnt care for his fighters undefeated record but for his long-term health but we still have ******s who think he should lose his job because he was too "EMOTIONAL ATTACH"....

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Crazy fight... Lemieux was hitting Rubio with bombs in the beginning, but Rubio was covering up really well.

I do think Lemieux will be back though. This could be good for him cause he is very young and should consider moving on to a top tier trainer.

I know it is hard for fighters to ditch the trainers that brought them up, but there comes a time when they taught you everything they can and they only way to get better is to move on.
            Do what countless other fighters have done,keep your guy but bring in a top trainer to advise him,i also think hitting the road would help this kid a lot it seems the Canadian fan base blew his ego up a bit to big for where he was in his career.

Comment

that's good for his lil' btch ass

Comment

The fractured jaw was obvious just looking at it between rounds 6 and 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Like i said in this previous thread, Credit to his trainer who saw that his 22 yr old charge would have a better and longer career with a loss on his record than a shorter and beat down one.

We have "Expert" on the other thread who claim his trainer was too emotional connected to lemieiux and thats why he stopped the fight too early, Those expert also advise him to look for a new trainer smh, More boxers need trainers like that and a loss isnt the end of the world.

In the time when everyone talk down on undefeated records just because of Mayweather and Calzaghe but now we have a trainer who didnt care for his fighters undefeated record but for his long-term health but we still have ******s who think he should lose his job because he was too "EMOTIONAL ATTACH"....
                  Great post, astute observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

I don't know if Anber "brought him up", he would have if Lemeux was going to the local gym. There's a very small professional substructure in Canada, not like in the US, or other countries where boxing is a major sport. In Canada, boxing as practically at the bottom, probably lower than rock climbing or something like that. Presently it's big in Quebec for some reason, maybe because of the Hilton Bros from Montreal, who brought international class boxing back to Canada, after about a 50 year absence.

When Anber was amateur flyweight champ, you could count the numbers of other flyweights on the fingers of one hand. Most Canadian kids grow big. So it's not his fault and I suppose that seeing that Lemieux was knocking over his opponents they thought "verything in the garden was rosy".

I suppose in pro boxing terms Lemieux has a lot to learn. Well, the sooner he gets down to it with a proper trainer, the better. He may have to go the States to find one.

Comment

Working...
                    X