Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris eubank jr vs canelo alvarez at 160 who ya got

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like this fight. Eubank needs a prime name with standing voila nelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I like Eubank but his development not only stagnated, it's gone backwards. He's now so exposed as he loads up on punches over and over. Canelo would methodically break him down, no doubt.
      I'm not sure about this. I personally think he might be finding a style which will work for him at top level. I think he is realising he is most effective as a high activity swarmer, who uses skill and speed with it.

He can still box, especially against limited guys, or slower plodding type guys, but personally I don't find him to be a great back foot boxer, too disjointed, and he doesn't hit hard enough to be a truly elite boxer/puncher. I think the BJS fight actually made him aware of this.

I feel he might be best in that high energy, high output style, like an Aaron Pryor style. You have to have more than solid whiskers to pull it off, and I think he has, lets see how his career develops.

In terms of Canelo - there is a huge size difference here. I think Eubank could impose that size on him and outwork him. We have to see Eubank in with better opposition to get a better gauge of where he is really at.

Comment

Working...
      X