No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Hunts For New Opponent, Barrera Bails From Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Ive made this argument in the past but when a fighter is getting paid 'decently'. I don't think 62k even falls under the 'peanuts' category. And Stevenson? I would not bank on that guy facing me if I was Beterbiev OR Barrera. The dude ducks everyone and their mother. Kovalev? Maybe, sure. Stevenson though? Not so much.
    But where is the money going to come from to pay Barrera at this stage? I agree it's a terrible payday but even at $62K the promoter probably takes a loss on the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      But where is the money going to come from to pay Barrera at this stage? I agree it's a terrible payday but even at $62K the promoter probably takes a loss on the event.
      It's not even 62k though. If you consider expenses like some have mentioned here. That's why I said I don't even think this qualifies for 'peanuts'.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        You can't keep selling your career down the line hoping for a bigger payday somewhere.

What if he wins. Exactly how soon is he going to be fighting either Ward or Kovalev as a mandatory? End of this year? 2018.

What happens if ward wins a rematch and then retires? Barrara (or Beterbiev) will probably need to fight for the title against some relative unknown for another $65K payday.

What a great career plan that would turn out to be for 2017/18.
        the ibf is very strict about enforcing mandatories they don't mess around.they stripped tyson fury of the ibf belt a week after he won it.barrera could have fought for the title later this year if he defeated beterbiev of course.if andrea retired the belt would be vacated and barrera would face kovalev most likely that's worth way more than 62k.now barrera has no fight. he will drop in the ibf rankings and has pissed off everybody by backing out like this, including his promoter. what a great plan lol.

Comment

• there goes the best fight for the month of april. fuk you sullivan barrera.
          Last edited by GMAN SUPREME; 03-09-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• gotta wait for Barrera to respond. everybody just assuming it's the $62K to blame but he knew that for weeks now.

Comment

• next in line is gvozd.ik according to the ibf ratings. I feel bad for beterbiev he just wants to fight for a title
              Last edited by argentinabox22; 03-09-2017, 04:15 PM. Reason: censored

Comment

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                gotta wait for Barrera to respond. everybody just assuming it's the $62K to blame but he knew that for weeks now.
                Maybe that's why he never signed the contract.

Comment

• Dammit man I was looking forward to Beterbiev getting a step up in competition

Comment

• yngwie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4TjGcw70M that's not a boxing forum sorry
                    Last edited by MikeLazcan; 03-09-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Main Events (Kathy Duva) is trash! They didn't want the fight in the first place, even though Barerra did! Just like Arum, when Duva says no, she means NO! NO Stevenson for Kovalev, and now NO Beterbiev for Barerra! Very disrespectful!

Comment

Working...
                      X