No announcement yet.

Sorry but Khan's chin isn't as bad as you're all making out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I don't know how people could be so ignorant, watch the 4th round, I told people that right after Garcia landed the counter left hook, in the proceeding round, 4th round, Garcia literally landed 15 overhand rights, 15, while Khan's chin ain't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be, it all falls on his shitty defense.

Jump to 1:10

I was watching that fight earlier on and he took some massive bombs in the 4th. And this was when he was still staggered and hurt. Garcia still couldn't put him away.

Comment

His chin is gay

He was doing samba dancing

Comment

First time I've seen that 4th round against Garcia in ages and I have to say, Khan fought like an idiot. If he jabbed and moved instead of trying to trade punches while he was still on wobbly legs he could have recovered by the 5th and maybe made a fight out of it.

Hopefully Hunter can drill a defensive mindset into Khan because he could make these fights much easier on himself. I think he may be too much of a warrior though to make the changes he needs. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I agree, Khan took flush shots from Maidana with relative ease but he got caught in an awkward position by Garcia. He actually boxed very poorly, becoming too predictable by repeatedly throwing the same combination which allowed Garcia to eventually time him.

Big factor is Alex Ariza didn't condition him in that fight and his new strength/conditioning coach had him doing lots of weight lifting which I believe took his body out of a natural balance and made him too top heavy. Lots of factors went into that KO, the chin was never the main problem imo. I think if Khan had fought the same way, and with the same set of surrounding circumstances, against Maidana, Judah or Kotelnik, he would have probably got knocked out in a similar fashion.

Comment

Since when is khan NOT doing the chicken dance lol.

He did it against Prescott, Maidana, Peterson, and Garcia. I think its fair to say your chin isnt very good when you get seriously hurt or KOd everytime you face a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
              First time I've seen that 4th round against Garcia in ages and I have to say, Khan fought like an idiot. If he jabbed and moved instead of trying to trade punches while he was still on wobbly legs he could have recovered by the 5th and maybe made a fight out of it.

Hopefully Hunter can drill a defensive mindset into Khan because he could make these fights much easier on himself. I think he may be too much of a warrior though to make the changes he needs. I hope I'm wrong.
              He didn't fight like an idiot. His brain was still scrambled and he wasn't capable of fighting smart because he couldn't think.

Khan does seem to take beatings better when he's already hurt. He did against Maidana too, he was stumbling around the ring on skates and taking huge punches. I don't know if that applies to all fighters, but Khan can take a beating when he's already hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He didn't fight like an idiot. His brain was still scrambled and he wasn't capable of fighting smart because he couldn't think.

Khan does seem to take beatings better when he's already hurt. He did against Maidana too, he was stumbling around the ring on skates and taking huge punches. I don't know if that applies to all fighters, but Khan can take a beating when he's already hurt.
                When you're hurt, you know if you are throwing a punch or not. The only thing Khan should have threw during that 4th round was the jab. Standing on the inside and trading was not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  Since when is khan NOT doing the chicken dance lol.

He did it against Prescott, Maidana, Peterson, and Garcia. I think its fair to say your chin isnt very good when you get seriously hurt or KOd everytime you face a puncher.
                  He also got dropped by these dudes :

His chin is bad.

Comment

The problem is not that Khan doesn't get up or take shots AFTER he's been hit hard. The problem is that he gets buzzed so much from the first shot that he can't recover and it costs him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                      When you're hurt, you know if you are throwing a punch or not. The only thing Khan should have threw during that 4th round was the jab. Standing on the inside and trading was not a good idea.
                      I can't hold it against him. Most fighters as hurt as Khan was against Maidana and Garcia don't fight smart because they simply can't. It's not possible because they are barely conscious of what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X