Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give a logical reason why FMJ would keep his fight night weight a secret.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
    It does matter. Maybe not to the fighter and his fans who try to hide how big his advantage would be against his opponent. It matters to the smaller fighter because if he wins, it will be on record that he beat an atg fighter who outweighed him by a big margin. Without that, history will assume that when they fought it was on even terms. It will also expose this fighter for what he really is.
    No, it doesn't matter. Both fighters are REQUIRED to WEIGH IN within a certain weight. There are NO limits on what the fighters can weigh when they enter the ring. Therefore, there's really no reason to know what the fighters fight night weight is. They have to weigh in within the limit. That's as much on "even terms" as it gets.

Talk to me about it when someone beats him.

LOL @ "expose him for what he really is". And what is that, exactly? A fighter who re-hydrates? OH NO! Alert the media!

This is such a stupid discussion. I can't believe it's gone on this long.

"He should give his fight night weight, because the FANS want to know". Yeah, OK.
    Last edited by johnm is...; 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
      If FMJ, in his recent fights, weighs only a few pounds above the WW limit at fight night, why keep it a secret? Any "logical" reasons?

cause wifebeater doesn't want people to know that he's putting on weight.

he didn't want people to know he outweighed jmm by 10+ lbs on fight night and he doesn't want people to know that he was as big as mosley on fight night. if people knew, it would make his "wins" less impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

cause wifebeater doesn't want people to know that he's putting on weight.

he didn't want people to know he outweighed jmm by 10+ lbs on fight night and he doesn't want people to know that he was as big as mosley on fight night. if people knew, it would make his "wins" less impressive.
        Everyone knew that he was 10+ bigger than Marquez. This isn't rocket science.

His win against Mosley would be less impressive, because he was the same size? Try and make a little sense, pull.

I suppose Pacquiao's performance against Mosley was MORE impressive, because, he waited until AFTER Mayweather kicked the shit out of him, eh?

Comment

This thread gives me a headache. I'm going out drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
            You'll get no argument from me there. It IS annoying. But it's only important to people that want to argue on the internet.

The gap in skill between Mayweather and Marquez was greater than the weight difference.

The guy beats fighters, because he's better than they are. Not because he's bigger (though, the Marquez fight was pretty clearly a joke).

If this were ANY other fighter in the world. ANY fighter not named Floyd Mayweather Jr., no one would say a word.
            Maybe you still have not gotten the drift of this discussion. This is about a fighter who appears to want fight only when he has an overwhelming advantage against his opponent and then pretends that the fight is even. You claim that he beat JMM because of his skills but can you, in all honesty, say that if they were the same size, reach, weight and age he could still beat JMM with just his skills? An honest and objective person would probably not give you a definitive answer because the true answer can only be settled in the ring. With regards to FMJ, he and his fans insist that he is the best but until now this remains a big question mark since he, for so many different reasons, has not fought the top fighters in his division when they were in their prime. It is about time that he shows what he is really made of without demanding to have all the advantages, because if he does not, he needs to be exposed.

Comment

Hilarious hearing *****s say he didnt weigh in because he didn't have to.

Guess what? PAC didn't HAVE to agree to ost, yet that was never an adequate excuse was it?

Maybe Floyd is using peds to bulk up right after weigh in, and that is why doesn't want to be weighed fight night, as *****s say, " what is he hiding?"

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                His win against Mosley would be less impressive, because he was the same size?
                Yes, most people thought wifebeater was a smallish WW, but now we know he is not small WW, he is a WW.

I suppose Pacquiao's performance against Mosley was MORE impressive, because, he waited until AFTER Mayweather kicked the shit out of him, eh?
                for the record, I never wanted the mosley fight... that was arum's idea.

Comment

Working...
                X