No announcement yet.

Carlos Monzon Vs Jake LaMotta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Monzon Vs Jake LaMotta

Was looking at some Monzon vids and LaMottas name came up a few times in the comments and I was thinking about what would of happened if they both fought, both men have amazing jaws and LaMottas bullying style would of pushed Monzon around but I think Monzon had too many weapons to fight LaMotta with and would of kept the Bull away with his Jab and piercing right, winning by U.D.
    (Perhaps a repeat of the Valdez fight ?)

Who does everyone think wins and how ?

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Was looking at some Monzon vids and LaMottas name came up a few times in the comments and I was thinking about what would of happened if they both fought, both men have amazing jaws and LaMottas bullying style would of pushed Monzon around but I think Monzon had too many weapons to fight LaMotta with and would of kept the Bull away with his Jab and piercing right, winning by U.D.
    (Perhaps a repeat of the Valdez fight ?)

Who does everyone think wins and how ?
    Monzon would counter punch jake all night, he would be made for monzon's style it would be a bit like the 2nd bennie brisco fight, monzon puting on a boxing master class on the backfoot

Comment

lamottas chin and extremely underrated jab would have overcame and won against monzon by a late rd knockout. was about to make a thread on this then found yours lol.

Comment

As TS put it; Monzon has too many weapons for Lamotta.

Lamotta will bully and rough him up and make some rounds unbearable to score. But Monzon eventually gets into a rhtyhm and outboxes him to a UD or maybe even an SD depending on how effective Lamotta can be at roughing up Monzon.

Comment

f@ck the rest of the threads im in here tonigt its the most interesting subject in boxing to me right now besides ortiz lol

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            As TS put it; Monzon has too many weapons for Lamotta.

Lamotta will bully and rough him up and make some rounds unbearable to score. But Monzon eventually gets into a rhtyhm and outboxes him to a UD or maybe even an SD depending on how effective Lamotta can be at roughing up Monzon.
            who did lamotta get out boxxed by? the greatest boxer ever sugar ray robinson so i always feel that lamotta is summed up to easily as an ironed chinned lummox. he actually has alot of boxing iq it just didnt matter much before robinson. he had a beautiful bob and weave, an excellent jab, and much better combinations than are ever brought up. tell me the weaknesses you feel lamotta brings to the monzon fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              who did lamotta get out boxxed by? the greatest boxer ever sugar ray robinson so i always feel that lamotta is summed up to easily as an ironed chinned lummox. he actually has alot of boxing iq it just didnt matter much before robinson. he had a beautiful bob and weave, an excellent jab, and much better combinations than are ever brought up. tell me the weaknesses you feel lamotta brings to the monzon fight.
              In the first Lamotta-Dauthille fight Lamotta was effecitvely outboxed. Laurent Dauthille was also outboxing Jake Lamotta in impressive fashion in their second fight until the amazing turn around in the dieing seconds of the 15th round.

Tommy Yarosz was said to be successfully outboxing Lamotta in spots during their fight in the late 1940's.

Fritzie Zivic was said to have successfully outboxed Lamotta in their second meeting although Lamotta's forcefull approach made it a closer fight in the later rounds.

I don't think outboxing Jake Lamotta is the most difficult task in the world. Sure, as I have stated his mauling bullish style makes it hard for almost any fighter to beat him convincingly. Ray Robinson struggled to beat him convincgly most of the time, which says alot.

Yeah, he had subtle skills and was able to get inside of fighters very well and avoid alot of shots very well on the inside at times, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jake Lamotta is no Roberto Duran, he takes a hell of a lot of shots and isn't always to bothered about taking one to give three. He is the 'Raging Bull' after all.

Against Monzon, that's exactly what I see. Lamotta's bullish approach trying to bully him and rough him up, willing to take two to give three and having success on him.

But eventually, Monzon's excellent jab and skills will get into rythm and he will effectively outbox him to a close but clear descion. With some rounds being unbearable to score. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                Lamotta was great, to that there is no doubt. But if lesser fighters such as Zivic and Dauthille could outbox Jake than I can't see any reason the much better Monzon couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Lamotta was great, to that there is no doubt. But if lesser fighters such as Zivic and Dauthille could outbox Jake than I can't see any reason the much better Monzon couldn't.
                  Which is pretty much where my I am going with my post. In as many words

Comment

so your saying saying dauthille and zivic put a clinic? and by that questionable statement monzon does the same? a guy who has blinders on when hes pressured?

Comment

Working...
                    X