Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cuban Boxing Style showed a major flaw tonight!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cuban Boxing Style showed a major flaw tonight!!!!!!

This fight showed how the Cuban Boxing style can have its flaws. Ortiz had Wilder hurt in the 7th round and could have put the pressure, throw combinations, been aggressive, and possibly KO'D Wilder but instead he held back and tried to score points which is the staple of what the Cuban style is and why they are so successful in the amateurs and olympics. When it comes to the pros, when you have a guy hurt, you do everything in your power to take him out, and get the fight over with or else this will happen. We've seen Mexican fighters evolve into more of boxers instead of brawlers and Eastern Europeans being more mobile instead of stiff punchers. I think the Cuban style will need to adjust in the upcoming years. Thoughts?

Yea I actually agree with that.

Ortiz had Wilder out on his feet and even after the 7th rd wilder still came out looking wobbly yet Ortiz never even tried going for the stoppage after the 7th.

Comment

cubans for the most part lack that killer instinct. they are too patient.

Comment

I think yall are over thinking it, dude went for the kill but gassed.

Comment

I think that's a legit criticism. The Cubans do seem to have too much of that amateur mindset and they tend not to push to finish guys off.

With that said...I though Luis Ortiz fought a very good fight yesterday and did the Cuban school proud even in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            I think yall are over thinking it, dude went for the kill but gassed.
            Not an excuse. The amount of punches he was actually throwing didn't warrant him being that tired. He could have put more pressure if he wanted to but choose not to.

Comment

Working...
            X