Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Underappreciated Quest Continues At Bantamweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Rigo's lucky Al Haymon swooped up Leo when he did because Oscar De La Hoya was just about to make that fight. Guillermo dodged a bullet there because Leo would have overwhelmed him with activity. Especially at 122 where King Santa was a monster.
    lol, are you being sarcastic? You know those two avoided Guillermo Rigondeaux shameless just like quigg and frampton. We all know that. Adbeko fought a toe 2 toe against mares and was shell of himself against the Cuban. What do think he fought that way?

Comment

A last a writer with another view of Rigondeaux.

Comment

Rigo's lucky Al Haymon swooped up Leo when he did because Oscar De La Hoya was just about to make that fight. Guillermo dodged a bullet there because Leo would have overwhelmed him with activity. Especially at 122 where King Santa was a monster.
        This is actually very funny. As I said before, Leo’s swarming style is perfect for the counterpunching Rigo. Santa Cruz would’ve been cracked every time he tried to rush Guillermo. He probably would’ve backed off and lost a decision, or been stopped by the heavy-handed Cuban if he persisted. Leo dropped a decision to the inferior Frampton. There’s no doubt he would’ve lost to the real “Jackal.”

Comment

Haha, more like the other way around. Santa Cruz was a beast at 122 but Rigo in his prime was a masterful boxer. Rigo-Cruz probably would have looked like the Donaire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Salute to a Master Boxer! Dropping weight at 39, then schooling the young man for another title! Outstanding! If no Inoue this summer, go back to 122! Figueroa, Nery, Fulton! Those are good fights!
            My thoughts exactly! I'm glad Rigo finally has some options now that he's with the pbc stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
              My thoughts exactly! I'm glad Rigo finally has some options now that he's with the pbc stable.
              He definitely has options! I think he should start with Brandon Figueroa! I doubt Arum puts Inoue in there with Rigo, after what he did to Donaire! Arum does not like Rigo's style, which is why Rigo is with the PBC in the first place!

Comment

If you don’t like watching Rigo, u don’t appreciate boxing. His skill is amazing. Paulie M put it best it goes over the head of most people. They should stop pretending they like the sweet science and just go down to the bar and watch two drunks slug it out

Comment

Lets go champ!!!!

Comment

Boring article about a boring defense-first fighter. U can b a great skillful boxer and b offensive as well - Loma,Crawford, Ricardo Lopez back in the day.

Comment

Kudos to BoxingScene for giving props to Rigo. I hope he gets out before he gets hurt but this guy should be a first ballot HOF. Unlike most, I actually enjoyed watching him fight this past weekend. The guy is so skilled it's not appreciated. For those that don't appreciate him, ask yourself why don't guys just bombard him? Why do they lower their output when facing Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                      X