No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki-Helenius Likely For March 7 At Barclays Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landotter View Post
    Kind of how I see it. I am not as down on this as most. Kownacki is still not a name, so a few more of these types of gatekeeper bouts seem likely. I prefer Helenius over Hammer or Breazeale. At least Helenius will throw leather until something dramatically definitive happens.
    Not so sure about Breazeale ,he can take a punch I would favor him over Kownacki and actually Wilder said tonight he would to but that's because he has a win over him ,I actually see Breazeale enforcing that size on him in a big slug out . But the fight itself should be entertaining ,Helenius can fight if hes not caught early not so sure his fire power matches his chin but it is better then Hammer .

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      I had high hopes for Helenius a few years back, but it just didn't work out. I think he'll give Kownacki all he can handle, and may even win. But I don't think either of these two will ever be champ. Hate to admit that because I like both of them as fighters.
      I had hope at first from highlights but once I saw him in a whole fight he was so stiff and mechanical the beatings were inevitably going to come and then they came

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        Kownacki takes way too many punches to fight Wilder. His brain would turn to jello
        I agree. Anyone in the top 5 would tear through him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Kownacki'll beat the **** outta that nordic *****.
          Were you always a racist piece of hot trash or did you have to work on it as you got older?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Kownacki isn’t known for stepping much ,he’s a plodder .
            You never know with experience but something tells me Kownacki has reached his peak already. He's not championship material. If you're a chubby guy, you better have fast hands and/or concussive power like Ruiz but I don't see that in Kownacki. He certainly has decent power based on his level of competition but I don't see him knocking out any of the top guys. To be honest, Kownacki vs Big Baby Miller would be a decent matchup if Miller wasn't juiced to the gills. They both throw a lot of punches and are fatboys.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              I had high hopes for Helenius a few years back, but it just didn't work out. I think he'll give Kownacki all he can handle, and may even win. But I don't think either of these two will ever be champ. Hate to admit that because I like both of them as fighters.
              I dunno, maybe. Gerald Washington viciously KO'd Helenius last year though. I think he's damaged goods by now. If Kownacki can't get rid of him, he has no chance against elite competition.

Comment

Kownacki would completely wreck chinless drug cheat Whyte. Kownacki has more pop than Parker and Rivas combined who floored and arguably beat a roided up Whyte. That said - fighting faded mediocrity Helenius is a waste of time
                No way in hell Kownacki beats Whyte. Whyte would starch them both. He's already beaten better competition. Just stop. Who has Kownacki beat that proves he's better than Parker or Rivas? Both Parker and Rivas have more experience than Kownacki and better boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                  You never know with experience but something tells me Kownacki has reached his peak already. He's not championship material. If you're a chubby guy, you better have fast hands and/or concussive power like Ruiz but I don't see that in Kownacki. He certainly has decent power based on his level of competition but I don't see him knocking out any of the top guys. To be honest, Kownacki vs Big Baby Miller would be a decent matchup if Miller wasn't juiced to the gills. They both throw a lot of punches and are fatboys.
                  Before you express such a subjective opinion, let the guy have his chance for the belt. He deserved it like noone else -- he won all his battles with the record of thrown punches per round and never has been rocked by anyone so far. He never cheated as e.g. various Whytes, Ortizes or Povetkins. He deserves a shot more than various Usyks or infantile Fury's opponents.

My subjective opinion is -- before eventually his brain turns into jello (hopefully it is only a metaphore and Adam will be a healthy man in the future) he will become the champion in a spectacular way. He's got incredible stamina and incredibly big heart.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                    Were you always a racist piece of hot trash or did you have to work on it as you got older?
                    I didn't attack his being nordic and only used the term because of his pseudonym you overly sensitive crybaby.

Nordic Nightmare - Nordic ***** ....surely you get that?

My intentions had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia. I was just **** talking as a Kownacki fan....also a bit of a Helenius hater, never understood why that guy gets any coverage at all, he's horrible.

Have a nice day..........*****. C'mon, loosen up, it's funny.

Comment

Breazelle talking **** about Adam on IG

Comment

Working...
                      X