Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Charlo-Hogan Telecast Peaked At 275K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way to salvage that, terrible numbers. Poorly promoted. I imagine the Ruiz v Joshua fight was about half that at beat for dazn

Comment

1.8m on DAZN and over 1.6m PPV views according to some UK reports

Comment

Why doesnt Haymon send Charlo over to DAZN to fight Andrade? Probably the same reason Macdonalds wont send its best burger flipper over to Wendys to help them out. Its called bad bizzness guys. DAZN needs PBC fighters if they want to thrive in America. If Im Haymon I wouldnt do anything to help them out. DAZN has been surviving off gimmick fights lately (you tubers, canelo/kovalev, Joshua vs a PIG) and had it not been for the victory last saturday their days were numbered. So if im haymon im just going to sit back and wait for the inevitable so when american fighters come back over to reality (american promotional companies) Uncle Al will be there to swoop up Andrade, D jacobs, T farmer, Devin haney and Micheal hunter. Maybe even Canelo will sign an exclusive co-promotional deal with Showtime! Now lots of good fights on FOX and SHOWTIME have no excuses not to happen! Last two standing are UNCLE AL and THE BOBFATHER! Make all the fights screw where the belts are! M. B. G. A.

Comment

Charlo/Derevyanchenko would be an action fight, why can't that happen? Sergey is ranked with the WBC

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            easy to say, but would Andrade come to showtime or fox to unify? No. Why must charlo give in and go across the street for the fight? Not making excuses for charlo, but there's blame on both sides. I hate boxing politics
            Andrade already said he's under contract and has to fight on DAZN. Charlo said he's his own boss and can fight anywhere. Eddie hearn said come on over for a one fight deal no strings attached.

So tell me why the fight can't be made?

Comment

it cant be made because......please read my post above!

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                Andrade already said he's under contract and has to fight on DAZN. Charlo said he's his own boss and can fight anywhere. Eddie hearn said come on over for a one fight deal no strings attached.

So tell me why the fight can't be made?
                What they say to the public and what's really going on it's totally different. I'm sure hearn is doing one of two things; making a very low offer for 1 fight deal or a high offer with 2nd and 3rd fight options DAZN can trigger after the Andrade fight. It makes no sense why charlo would turn down a Jose Ramirez type deal for hooker, one fight, $4 mil. Difference is Jose is signed to TR and ESPN and it seems like DAZN and ESPN have a good working relationship where they let their fighters cross over for one fight deals.

This is my 2 cents but I easily could he wrong.

Comment

Who cares about the numbers.

It was a pathetic fight from
                  A network that hasn’t delivered all year.

That’s the real Issue. Charlos are fighters I’ve lost all respect for. They aren’t a sides and haven’t earned the notoriety to make demands.

Comment

Charlo

It’s funny how the boxing fans can blame fighters for not getting the big name matches. Ggg fought kell brook, and Vanes when he could had fought Charlo or Adranda. Where’s the criticism there? Canelo fought Amir no chin Khan Feilding when he could have fought Charlo. There’s no ****ing way they have more of a following then Charlo or Andrade. If anyone should have respect lost to them should be lil g and steroid meat Canelo.

Comment

Why do Charlo and Andrade have to fight each other when both guys clearly wants ggg and Canelo? Obviously Canelo doesn’t want a third fight with ggg so unification fight ggg and Andrade. Same network right? Dazn

Comment

Working...
                      X