Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE EXPLAIN - How Did LOMA vs RIGO Have The Worst PROMOTIONAL BUILD UP? ''P4P?!''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE EXPLAIN - How Did LOMA vs RIGO Have The Worst PROMOTIONAL BUILD UP? ''P4P?!''

Was this a Top Rank or ESPN insecurity? So if Loma loses, most people would not have known about it? This is the only theory I can think of

seriously.....

it's rather ridiculous

Ive seen stuff on espn about it. Probably more to come this week leading to saturday. Thats just for tv though, the event sold out long ago lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
      Ive seen stuff on espn about it. Probably more to come this week leading to saturday. Thats just for tv though, the event sold out long ago lol
      even if events have sold out before, gate sales has nothing to do with ratings. Why miss out with new media promotions to build ESPN with such a fight? There must be a reason why it hasn't been hyped. ESPN hyped Canelo vs GGG sitting together in interviews. ESPN Deportes has rolled many years with Rigo. How come ESPN stopped this consistent with Saturday's fight? It doesn't make any sense...

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
        even if events have sold out before, gate sales has nothing to do with ratings. Why miss out with new media promotions to build ESPN with such a fight? There must be a reason why it hasn't been hyped. ESPN hyped Canelo vs GGG sitting together in interviews. ESPN Deportes has rolled many years with Rigo. How come ESPN stopped this consistent with Saturday's fight? It doesn't make any sense...
        So what you are saying is that espn
        Isnt gonna push this sold out event on their networks prime time saturday slot because if rigo beats loma 'they' dont want ppl to see it?

Comment

Zero buzz for this fight over here, sad thing is the two fighters involve are the best in the world at the moment.

Comment

So what you are saying is that espn
            Isnt gonna push this sold out event on their networks prime time saturday slot because if rigo beats loma 'they' dont want ppl to see it?
            I don't follow you....if Rigo beats Loma, people won't see what? Beats is aftermath, post, or ''circumstance.''

I asked a basic question relating to traditional boxing metehods. Why hasn't this fight had any press conference build ups or promos by ESPN's time when Showtime or HBO have been doing it for 20 plus years. Let me guess, ''ESPN doesnt have a budget or the money to do so...'' how was the promotional build up for Pac vs Horn if any compared to Rigo vs Loma?

you're justifying because it's sold out it doesn't need traditional broadcast promoting? How long has this fight been announced?

What is the concept of boxing when referring to P4P? Isn't P4P a critical icon within ESPN Sports Boxing...

As I insinuated...is Dan Rafael like head of the ESPN boxing board to consult for what should have coverage? Or is GGG good enough for ESPN when he fights on HBO!?

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
              I don't follow you....if Rigo beats Loma, people won't see what? Beats is aftermath, post, or ''circumstance.''

I asked a basic question relating to traditional boxing metehods. Why hasn't this fight had any press conference build ups or promos by ESPN's time when Showtime or HBO have been doing it for 20 plus years. Let me guess, ''ESPN doesnt have a budget or the money to do so...'' how was the promotional build up for Pac vs Horn if any compared to Rigo vs Loma?

you're justifying because it's sold out it doesn't need traditional broadcast promoting? How long has this fight been announced?

What is the concept of boxing when referring to P4P? Isn't P4P a critical icon within ESPN Sports Boxing...

As I insinuated...is Dan Rafael like head of the ESPN boxing board to consult for what should have coverage? Or is GGG good enough for ESPN when he fights on HBO!?
              Thats what i read in your original post. Your theory is that if rigo wins ppl wont see it. Pac had worldwide recognition and fame so of course its gonna be widely known of him fighting on espn. Plus the celebs were also talking about it. Nobody gives a **** about a tiny boring fighter and a ukrainian with ten fights. BUT you seemed to have a consiracy theory of them wanting to blanket the fight in case loma loses lol.

Comment

The funny thing is all the canelo fanboys are rigo fanboys all of a sudden y’all gonna be grasping straws like always

Comment

Thats what i read in your original post. Your theory is that if rigo wins ppl wont see it. Pac had worldwide recognition and fame so of course its gonna be widely known of him fighting on espn. Plus the celebs were also talking about it. Nobody gives a **** about a tiny boring fighter and a ukrainian with ten fights. BUT you seemed to have a consiracy theory of them wanting to blanket the fight in case loma loses lol.
                  Exactly. And also Bob Arum is to blame, of course (who else?)! Though Uncle Bob is paying Rigondeaux more than 1 million bucks, he's paying several times that (I believe) to Loma, and what he gets in return? About 5000 tickets sold and free broadcast on espn. So, yeah, where the promotion on top of that, "evil" Bob Arum??

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    The funny thing is all the canelo fanboys are rigo fanboys all of a sudden y’all gonna be grasping straws like always
                    Nothing to be surprised about. They are just Loma haters.

Comment

Working...
                    X