Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No post-fight interview for Jezreel Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No post-fight interview for Jezreel Corrales?

I for one, felt it very weird that Jezreel Corrales was not given a post-fight ‘in the ring’ interview on air after losing to Alberto Machado.

They almost tilted the camera away from him when he kept indicating he wanted a rematch during Alberto Machado’s interview. I felt almost certain Max Kellerman would speak to him after, but nope.

You technically have a champ who got knocked out, if he’s still in the ring after you interview the other guy you’re usually supposed to interview him as well.

Was it a shun for him losing the title on the scale?

Was it because Alberto Machado serves as good fodder to another HBO fighter, or he’s better ratings? Not sure.

Even Max Kellerman said during the fight that this fight lacked the defining position that most hbo fights should have (as if it was unworthy in a certain way).

I just felt these few things were a bit weird.

What’s your take on the situation?

I didn't like Corrales. He was dirty fighter who tried to drag his opponent down with him to avoid a knockdown being scored against him. He showed poor sportsmanship in the fight and again after the fight when he forced himself into the interview that had just started with the winner. I agree that Kellerman should have interviewed Corrales next. It was strange and rude that he didn't interview Corrales. It was like a slap in the face. Corrales would have had a chance to ask for a rematch properly if he had been interviewed but he wasn't interviewed at all.

Comment

Working...
    X