No announcement yet.

Higher All Time: Sergio Martinez or Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    This topic isn't about Mayweather. Save your obsession for another thread.
    Gotta give you props on how you don't fall for some traps sometimes but you do mention Mayweather when it benefits you.

Comment

Right now Sergio...

Comment

Not going to let you talk down on Serge like that. He was coming up from 154 where he was champion at the weight.

If I'm not mistaken took Pavliks Lineal and all his belts he got from Taylor at middleweight. WBC made him vacate one of his titles, so he decided to be great and defend at 160, where he took on bigger men and KO most of them,until the 11th round of the Chavez fight. Legacy wise he should have retired then.

So we talking about a 2 weight champion that was dominant in his prime. GGG ducked Ward and don't want to see Jacobs in a rematch where the smarter fighter usually makes adjustments.

Maravilla better all time at the moment. The Canelo fight is what's going to separate them one way or the other.

Comment

GGG

Martinez was sparked early by Margarito and late by Cotto.

Comment

Comment

Martinez.

His stand out wins are better than GGGs stand out wins plus he was a far superior boxer, it's a shame they werent closer in age, time and geography to have fought earlier.

GGG beating Canelo, especially if its convincing and then combining all the belts will rnak him higher...just.

Comment

Sergio fought 5 good guys out of his 50+ bouts! he won a few and he lost a few and he was given a gift against Murray.

When talking about Middleweights in the history of boxing GGG will get some respect because of his outstanding amateur career and his solid punching power. He comes to fight and makes the fight happen. Watching Sergio was a bore for me, he had Junior beat and could have stopped him but never tried. To me that's not worth the ticket price. There's been plenty of boxers without big power in the past but when they have a chance to finish a fight they did!
                I'll pay to watch GGG, even with his limitations he still brings it!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                X