Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs vs Billy Joe Saunders who wins?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs beats him by UD in a fairly close fight.

I'm starting to like Saunders and he's a proven champ at this point, but can't get too carried after he just beat two of GGG's leftovers. Lemieux and Monroe were always considered B level to begin with and Saunders did what he was supposed to do and what was expected against them.

I lean towards Jacobs, he's more proven and is the number two MW IMO. He has the size advantage, he's had tougher fights and if anything goes wrong, he'll always have a puncher's chance.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      If that’s the case who has Jacobs beat that’s better than Lemieux? Quillin, Mora, or Arias?

BJS has now beat Lemieux, Andy Lee, Willie Monroe and Chris Eubank Jr. not to shabby of a resume.

I try not to be biased bro. They both have the same level of wins. Some mite argue he has a better resume than Danny. If he ducks the fight I’ll then know that Jacobs was superior. Until then I think it’s a even matchup.
      Even John Ryder, Spike, and Blackwell are good fighters tbh even Jarrod Fletcher won a fringe world title.

I would pick Jacobs against Saunders though, gut instinct more than anything. It would be close but Jacobs shots carrying more weight could swing it. I don't think he'll be able to knock BJS out though - that seems unlikely to me.

Like Tyson Fury said with BJS's style to knock him out you more or less have to put him out with one shot which could happen but we all watch enough boxing at this level to know that generally doesn't happen at world class too often. BJS instincts even after he lands a good shot himself is to get out of range.

I don't think it would be a particularly good fight. It's one to avoid for BJS, especially if he can get one of the two superstars now, but I can see why Jacobs and Hearn might want to make a good offer for a shot at that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        He doesn't move better, his footwork isn't on the level of Saunders, and that will be the difference. I also don't think he has many fights left at 160, he's away to turn 31, he's on the decline and his performances at the weight will suffer, he should move up before that happens.
        Jacobs does everything better than Saunders.

Plus he has power in both hands.Billy Joe punches like a hoe.

Danny isn't much older than Saunders,especially when you consider how poorly those Travelers age

Age is not a factor.

Comment

Saunders impressed me the other night, but I still think Jacobs is too much for him. Jacobs size, and his mobility, in my opinion, would be the difference in the fight. Monroe could move, but not hit hard. Lemieux hits hard, but couldn't move. Jacobs does both

Comment

Depends really. Jacobs CAN beat GGG, but Saunders is definitely getting better and better and has turned into a real disciplined boxer / athlete this year. Based off performances you have to go with DJ, as he gave GGG a run for his money.

What I don't understand with Jacobs is, he was trained by Virgil Hunter for the GGG fight and came in real heavy...why the hell didn't he turn it into a dog fight? He should have fought dirty, clinched more, put his weight on GGG and drained him even more. If he wasn't going to do that and utilise his weight advantage to its full extent, he could have came in lighter and had better cardio and movement and continued to outbox GGG from the outside.

Saunders we don't know how good he is as he hasn't fought someone as good as GGG yet, whereas Jacobs has shown he can beat GGG - he had a pretty damn close fight with G.

Hypothetical matchup - Jacobs has the power, reach and size, Saunders has the craftiness and is a great boxer - but so is Jacobs. Who is faster? Really hard to gauge at this point but that would be a great fight. As a fan I'd love to see it, but it is a business and if I were Saunders I'd want no part of Jacobs when I have a belt and leverage for a Canelo payday or GGG unification.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, as someone who criticises BJS' stinker performances, his show with Lemieux was brilliant.
            Last edited by 'b'; 12-18-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
              Jacobs does everything better than Saunders.

Plus he has power in both hands.Billy Joe punches like a hoe.

Danny isn't much older than Saunders,especially when you consider how poorly those Travelers age

Age is not a factor.
              No he doesn't, he does not possess his footwork or timing.

Jacobs is 3 years older, once you get past 31 then it becomes harder to make weight and you have put yourself through...... 35 camps at this point in Jacobs case.

You think it gets easy to make weight after 31? when you are already cutting huge amounts.

Lets just say I have an opinion the weight cutting will catch up with him, like it does with every fighter over 30.

Comment

I'd say Jacobs, however he didn't look brilliant in his last fight, and BJS did. Could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I'd say Jacobs, however he didn't look brilliant in his last fight, and BJS did. Could go either way.
                  Jacobs fought a guy who had an actual boxing pedigree. Saunders fought Lemieux. He's a great puncher but not even a decent boxer.

Comment

Working...
                  X