Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be fair for an American fighter fighting overseas to...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
    How does one even become a judge? I'd love to visit the clown school these zealots keep sprouting up from. I say they elect retired HOF'ers.
    In nevada you have to be collecting social security.

Comment

I am more concerned about the money changing hands behind the scenes than I am about the countries involved.

On the Kovalev vs Ward card there was a clearly fixed decision saving Hooker (Roc Nation's goofy, forced prospect) from a lopsided loss to Perez. Kovalev had that to work against.

Main Events doesn't have some rapper or music producer throwing money at the officials. They are going to get the short end of that stick 90% of the time.

I do believe Ward's promoter played a role in both the Perez and Kovalev decisions, that Perez and Kovalev both won their bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
        Nevada can be bought. Jeff Mayweather said it himself and said he seen it himself.
        I dont get your point..The athletic commission only allows American judges

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          just putting their integrity in question. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            In nevada you have to be collecting social security.
            It's a facking baby boomers wet dream. No wonder everything is ass backwards.

Comment

its Nevada rules not Ward
              If Ward would have agreed with Kov's request for the commission to select three neutral judges the comish would have done so.

However, Ward literally said " LET THE comish do their job." Hahah just like Pac fans said about VADA drug testing. If both Pac and Floyd agree VADA would take over testing, but if one didn't, then the comish would use their typical protocol

Comment

No - both fighters can agree to have neutral officials selected, but BOTH TEAMS have to agree to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  I am more concerned about the money changing hands behind the scenes than I am about the countries involved.

On the Kovalev vs Ward card there was a clearly fixed decision saving Hooker (Roc Nation's goofy, forced prospect) from a lopsided loss to Perez. Kovalev had that to work against.

Main Events doesn't have some rapper or music producer throwing money at the officials. They are going to get the short end of that stick 90% of the time.

I do believe Ward's promoter played a role in both the Perez and Kovalev decisions, that Perez and Kovalev both won their bouts.

Excellent Point. Forgot all about that terrible decision.

Yeah Kovalev definitely got his work cut out and has cards stacked against him..

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                    .. want the three judges to be from neutral countries?

Or should we just let "the commission do their job"?

Like when Spence fought Brook in UK at least two of the judges were from other countries outside England - one was even from USA (Adelaide Bird's racist ass).

I mean, honestly, can you ever see an American travelling to Russia to fight a Russian, and there being all Russian officials (judges and ref)?

Lol he'll even if the foreign fighter didn't say anything, the commission would be like "we gotta bring in neutral judges, and maybe even neutral ref."

Why do people act like foreign fighters don't get robbed and jobbed (lol no pun intended) when fighting Americans on American soil?

In fact, I bet I can name more foreign fighters getting robbed in USA, than vice versa... Try me
                    I don't think that's what a pun is...

Comment

Dude quit with the excuses the first fight was good and this one should be too! I'm going for kovo hoping by vicious ko ala glen johnson rjj. But if dre wins he wins he earned it

Comment

Working...
                      X