Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is PAC still ranked so highly and he is 3-3 in his last 6 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Pacquiao vs Marquez IV is one of the greatest fights of all time.

Pacquiao did not lose to Bradley,

and he injured his shoulder against mayweather.

Why is he ranked so highly? is that even a serious question lol look at the man's resume. Look at his performances. Look at what he achieved.

He is the greatest fighter of this era, nobody in this era of boxing has achieved more in that ring, than Pacquiao, in a legendary era no less.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-27-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      What you guys thoughts?
      Because unlike yourself his losses are recognized as

1 A robbery- The biggest in Boxing history.

2 a lucky punch- A fight he was clearly winning until he got careless

3 fought with one arm. Fought injured against a coward who held and ran

Add that with all the wars hes been in and beaten great fighters...us Boxing Enthusiast understand this. Unlike morons who cant. Hope you understand now!

Comment

I mean just look at Pacquaio's resume:

Marco Antonio Barrera
        Erik Morales
        Juan manuel Marquez
        Oscar De La Hoya
        Ricky Hatton
        Miquel Cotto
        Antonio Margarito
        Joshua Clottey
        Shane Mosley
        Timothy Bradley
        Floyd mayweather

That looks like the type of resume you WISH Floyd had, but he was too busy taking vacation and waiting for the best to wear themselves out.

Pacquiao beat Timothy Bradley, who is a cold, calculating snake and bulldog in his prime, on the tail end of his career.

Pacquiao fought everyone there was to fight and almost beat all of them. One was with a injured shoulder. His career is legendary.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-27-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

He's ranked so highly because he lost to the best in the world as expected. I thought the Braadley loss was BS and he didn't drop, the KO loss to JMM should've dropped him some. the algieiri fight doesn't elevate him at all.

Its a fair ranking IMO.

Comment

Look at his level of competition...

Bradley
            Bradley
            Marqiez
            Rios
            Algieri
            Floyd

And in reality he should be 4-2 with 2 wins over bradley instead of 1
            Algieri is a tough out for anyone and was destroyed by manny...
            Marquez stopped him in a very close war
            No shame in losing to floyd, but really can't knock him for that.. Floyd makes everyone look bad

I don't think manny belongs top 5, but he is clearly still a bottom half top 10 p4p guy

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post

Marco Antonio Barrera
              Erik Morales
              Juan manuel Marquez
              Oscar De La Hoya
              Ricky Hatton
              Miquel Cotto
              Antonio Margarito
              Joshua Clottey
              Shane Mosley
              Timothy Bradley
              Floyd mayweather

That looks like the type of resume you WISH Floyd had, but he was too busy taking vacation and waiting for the best to wear themselves out.

Pacquiao beat Timothy Bradley, who is a cold, calculating snake and bulldog in his prime, on the tail end of his career.

Pacquiao fought everyone there was to fight and almost beat all of them. One was with a injured shoulder. His career is legendary.
              Floyd is on Pacquiao's resume? Was this one of the 32 world title wins?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                Rankings are based off what you have done recently in a weight class n half his opponents since cotto were guys moving up or catchweights

How long is he suppose to be number 1 based off beating cotto last decade n catch weights with losses sprinkled in? He is no lower than 6 in my book
                I don't think nor never thought he was number one. Certainly among the elites and eternally amoungst the all time greats.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post

Marco Antonio Barrera
                  Erik Morales
                  Juan manuel Marquez
                  Oscar De La Hoya
                  Ricky Hatton
                  Miquel Cotto
                  Antonio Margarito
                  Joshua Clottey
                  Shane Mosley
                  Timothy Bradley
                  Floyd mayweather

That looks like the type of resume you WISH Floyd had
                  , but he was too busy taking vacation and waiting for the best to wear themselves out.

Mayweather list is about the same if not better and to add insult to injury. Money never lost and he schooled Manny + JMM, arguably two of the best fighters of his era tbh

Comment

Does Pacquiao even have someone of Canelo's caliber? He's going to be the next Superstar once he beats Cotto, yet Mayweather gave him backpack and took him school lol

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                      PAC was hardly "whippin" Marquez. Compare the knockouts and how often Marquez was tagging the careless PAC. He fell right into Marquez' trap.
                      Very true. Paq did get set up. But I distinctly recall paq gaining ground and up to the 2-3 rounds leading up to the ko was progressively dominating. I admit I got carried away by saying he was whoppin him. But I do believe but for the ko paq would have whopped him. At least that was what it was looking like. Bravo for jmm for being throughly prepared for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X