Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Truth Been Exposed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 point fight that could have gone either way. Shawn is a better fighter than some folks are giving him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      It was Spence himself said it was going to be easy and said he was going to knock Porter out.
      fighters always say that.

all right then, i guess spence has been exposed for being too overconfident.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        fighters always say that.

all right then, i guess spence has been exposed for being too overconfident.
        Many fighters don't, they say things they trained for 12 rounds, if the knockout happens it happens.

Spence said it will happen and he will be disappointed in himself if it does.

Comment

Porter deserves more credit. Styles makes fights and Porter the only guy at 147 who can keep a relentless pace like that and his defense was on point

Comment

Exposed for having a competitive/close fight in a unification fight against a two time world champ? The only guys to have beaten Porter were Brook and Thurman in competitive fights, who were also both top welterweights.

I have no idea what will satisfy boxing fans these days.

All it showed was Spence is probably around a similar level to the other top welterweights and not some guy that’s going to dominate the division with ease, which is what any sensible person already knew.

If anything, i think it cemented Spence’s place in the top 2 of the division. His best win before that was Brook, who dropped two weight classes and come off a GGG beating, so there was question marks over that. Now Spence has shown he can beat a top Welterweight champion that was in peak condition. Well i say he beat Porter, i could’ve had it scored either way but no problem with the dicision.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-29-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

No this played out like the Brook fight

Competing for the first 2/3 then Spence took over

When Top Fighters Fight Other Top Fighters they aren’t going to be blowouts, They’re usually competitive fights unless their in a weak division

Look at

Thurman / Porter
              Thurman / PAC
              Garcia / Porter

All close competitive fights

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Tried to hype his asss up as a God. The next elite floyd level fighter. Could you imagine floyd struggling that bad with porter?? Floyd woulda struggled maybe the beginning 5 rounds then flipped that bi.tch into cruise control
                Lol. floyd struggle with a class C maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Erroll Spence is still a good fighter and I am still of fan of his but I do believe that he was overhyped and overrated to some degree; As the bogeyman of the division that everyone avoided.

For example, Erroll Spence soundly defeated Kell Brook while breaking his eye socket and winning his IBF title belt off of him in the process, while Brook handily defeating Shawn Porter for that same title.
                  Only creates a huge question mark whether Spence fought the same version of Brook that Porter fought

Comment

Working...
                  X