No announcement yet.

When All Else Fails, Blame Race

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When All Else Fails, Blame Race

A recent trend that we didn't see before in boxing, when racism was rampant in all sports, is the growing number of fans and boxers themselves who lack the skills to win a fight blame the colour of their skin or nationality.

As someone who has watched an extradinary amount of fights from the 40s up to the 70s when boxers did have a legitimate complaint it's astonishing how they gave their all in the ring and never once mentioned bias or prejudice.

I think today's fighters are manchilds with big egos, little talent and, want for a better word, pu$$ies.

Read that post in Larry Merchant's voice. It might take you 10 minutes but it's hilarious.

Comment

They should bring 15 round fights back

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        A recent trend that we didn't see before in boxing, when racism was rampant in all sports, is the growing number of fans and boxers themselves who lack the skills to win a fight blame the colour of their skin or nationality.

As someone who has watched an extradinary amount of fights from the 40s up to the 70s when boxers did have a legitimate complaint it's astonishing how they gave their all in the ring and never once mentioned bias or prejudice.

I think today's fighters are manchilds with big egos, little talent and, want for a better word, pu$$ies.
        I know what you mean. Used to if a guy lost, he talked about what he might have done wrong but he always took his hat off to the guy who beat him. He didn't make excuses and more importantly, he didn't promise to make no excuses and then make them right after. Big lack of respect these days.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Read that post in Larry Merchant's voice. It might take you 10 minutes but it's hilarious.
          I didn't read it in his voice but after every 2 words I looked at the avi and I agree here. Hilarious stuff.

Comment

are you pertaining to the group of explosive athletes?

Comment

Working...
            X