No announcement yet.

UFC on Fox: Dos Santos vs. Miocic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC on Fox: Dos Santos vs. Miocic

What? No thread on the last two UFC cards? Usually by now, someone has pages long threads about the latest fights here. I thought the main event was a hell of a fight and really liked Carla Esparza's title winning fight Friday and Felice pulled off a nice armbar sub. What did you guys think of these UFC cards?

I don't watch UFC a lot these days but tuned in for the last 3 fights and thought all three was good. Overroids was impressive but always is until he gets cracked
    The main event was a very very good fight. Great win for JDS, bit gutted for Stipe as I've followed his career and love watching that dude fight. I thought he may of had it in the bag going into the third but JDS turned it around with a booming left hook & it was downhill from there.

Hope Stipe gets more big fights, he is a top guy and fighter and is continually improving. He should of won any critics over tonight!

Credit to JDS too he showed huge heart as always. Stipe would of put just anyone else out with those shots he landed tonight.

Wouldn't mind a rematch it was one of the best HW fights in the UFC I've seen in some time, not that I am a die hard fan or anything.

Comment

I think the UFC had/has a harder time competing against a Showtime/HBO double header. I caught the last 4 rounds of Dos Santos vs. Miocic...pretty decent fight but kept switching between the boxing matches. The networks really went head to head tonight.

Comment

What a fight, credit to both of them that was one of the best heavyweight fights ive seen, feel sorry for miocic, but he will come again.

Comment

Who was fighting on Showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Who was fighting on Showtime?
            Amir Khan vs Devon?

Comment

Ufc is on a roll lately.. This was a great card, and the PPv last week was solid..

And now we got coming up in early 2015
              Alveraz-Ben Henderson
              Jones-Cormier
              Weidman-Belfort
              Silva-diaz

It's good to see ufc putting on some entertaining cards for a change

Comment

Was a good night of fights. The UFC really screwed Nate Diaz by making him fight Dos Anjos ranked at #13 or some shiiiit. Then he loss which means they have him as a bottom 15 fighter haha. Dos Anjos is incredibly underrated. He's gonna fight Pettis next because Khabib is hurt. Should be a good scrap!

Overeem played it safe. I'm gutted for Struve. One of the most exciting heavyweights can't catch a break. Overeem gets wrecked against Dos Santos or Hunt I think. They pay him too much to give him another easier - ish fight.

No shame in Stipe losing. What a war! Dos Santos definitely looked rusty until he landed that bomb that dropped Stipe. That or Cain really did a number. Either way I'm just glad my favorite heavyweight is back! Stipe should get Rothwell, Hunt or maybe even Overeem next. He's still in the mix. His cred went up with this war.

Comment

I thought miocic won tbh he pushed the pace and landed just as hard and clean on jds. Jds overeem needs to happen

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
                    I thought miocic won tbh he pushed the pace and landed just as hard and clean on jds. Jds overeem needs to happen
                    Jds would murder overeem..

I think they will give overeem someone like mitrone, so overeem can look good and then feed him to Cain, and after he loses, feed him to dos santos...

Ufc def wants to cash out on overeem in a PPv title fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X