No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Closing 2012: BoxingScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Closing 2012: BoxingScene Pound-for-Pound Update

It’s been a few months and there are plenty of results in, more than enough to lay out the pound-for-pound landscape for the last time in 2012.

Only one thing was certain: Manny Pacquiao must fall.

Juan Manuel Marquez made sure of it by literally making Pacquiao do just that. Did he have much room to rise though? With Floyd Mayweather holding a lopsided twelve round win over Marquez, not really. But how far does Pacquiao fall? Is one loss to a fellow modern great remove him from the top five?

[Click Here To Read More]

I never ever reply/post on here but this p4p list is just bull****. Im a BIG ward fan but come on we all know Mayweather is #1 on p4p hands down.

Comment

Glad to see Ward get the recognition for all his accomplishments. Winning the Super 6 Tourney than destroying Chad Dawson certainly deserves #1 PFP in my book.

Comment

please dont let it be crold please dont let it be crold.

dammit it, its Crold.

Yawn, another horrible list, cmon Crold1, you dont listen to criticism, just let someone else make these lists. You clearly cant separate being a fanboy for being a journalist. Learning how to deal with criticism is one of those things that separates the fine line of fanboy : journalist.

Your like the local version of Ronnie Nathanielsz, but maybe thats your goal
        Last edited by Medved; 12-30-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Waiting for the 'tards to flood this article explaining why its complete BS because pac still deserves to be top 2 p4p in the world because he was winning the fight until JMM stepped on his foot and hit him with a lucky punch!! So the fight doesn't really count...

Comment

The writer does have strange reasoning for putting Andre Ward as the number one. Mayweather is still p4p a harder hitter than Ward, has more accomplishments, and still has better defense than Ward. So I think Floyd is still number one. Ward is probably number 2, Marquez 3, Martinez 4, and Pacquiao 5.

Comment

Best list I've seen so far. I also think Ward is #1 although Froch is too high imo, maybe swap him with Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Best list I've seen so far. I also think Ward is #1 although Froch is too high imo, maybe swap him with Wlad.
                I also think Froch is too high, but it's a good list overall. Danny Garcia is listed in the first 5 out, and also in the next 5 out though FYI.

Comment

No way in hell should donair be higher then mares and Brian viloria shouldn't even be on the dam list

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                    No way in hell should donair be higher then mares and Brian viloria shouldn't even be on the dam list
                    viloria has had an impressive run though which can't really be denied. It's far better to see him on the list instead of a guy like Broner.

Also I don't know what world you live in if you think Mares should be higher than Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X