No announcement yet.

Would Floyd fight the Ghost on CBS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
    If CBS pays more than HBO, he'll fight on CBS.
    Exactly.
    Its about the money. Floyd says he doesnt fight for less than $30 million. A boxing match cant generate $30 million without PPV

So your answer is NO!

Comment

Absolutley not. This would be tremendous for boxing but not nearly as profitable for Floyd's immediate pocket and so it will not happen.

Comment

It will be pay to view. It will not be on free tv. I am sure of that. It would be great if it was on free tv but it won't happen in my opinion.

Comment

I can see a PBF fight doing ratings that can come close to the Super Bowl. May vs PAC would probably surpass a couple Super Bowl's if not all of them.

Comment

I agree its not likely, but Mayweather-Ghost is not a PPV worthy fight even with Canelo on the undercard.
            But I also think its not a far fetched idea for a guy looking to maximise exposure to do it in the future. Maybe not a Pac or Floyd but someone like Canelo or Khan to try and bring in a wider audience for future PPV's. Advertisers would be lining up to support the fight knowing anyone with a tv and bunny ears could potentially tune in.
            I would just love to see big time boxing back in the mainstream. Imagine an event like Ali-Frazier being on network TV today with the online media to hype it up? The internet would explode.

Comment

would floyd ever fight anyone without the use of xylocaine

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Floyds an HBO fighter. Hes not fighting on CBS.
                If cbs wanted to they can pay mayweather alot more than hbo ever could.

Comment

I doubt it. Without having intimate knowledge of CBS' budgets, I doubt Mayweather would go for that given that he's a proven pay-per-view force who can gamble on his ability to draw.

Even when boxing was regularly on CBS, they very rarely got the big, major fights (until they were re-aired on delay) because closed circuit and then eventually Kingvision/PPV meant the sky was literally the limit on how much they could earn.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    I'll admit the fight with Guerrero is a disappointment. I hope he does well but don't see a way he can pull the upset.
                    However I think this could become a huge fight if they put it on network TV. Floyd could say it is a tune up fight to see where he is at following a jail stint.

Now I have no idea how this would affect Floyds money. I would imagine that CBS could offer a huge guarantee and charge super bowl like prices for advertising. I am sure all of Floyd's accountants on this site will be quick to offer insight into why this could or could not work.

But imagine the build up and hype this one would generate if it was for free on a saturday night on cinco de mayo weekend. I think it would be huge for Floyd and his legacy.

Thoughts?
                    lol im sure cbs will gladly buy a fight where he proclaims, "oh this is just a tune-up"

get outta here!

Comment

Working...
                    X