Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the first dinosaurs evolved, sharks had already existed for millions of years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    2012 thread but I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that it's estimated that humans kill approximately 100 million sharks per year... Sooo....
    That number has to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      That number has to be wrong.
      whats the like a lil more then a quater mil a day lol. people just be making up numbers out their ass lol.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
        whats the like a lil more then a quater mil a day lol. people just be making up numbers out their ass lol.
        If there were that many sharks, all aquatic life would be extinct, and any human that stuck a toe in the ocean would be killed.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2813806.html

http://www.sharkproject.org/haiothek...site=gefahr_10

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...mans-kill-hour

http://www.livescience.com/27575-100...-annually.html

http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/events/depa...k-populations/

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
            pssh what have they done since, I dont see no underwater cities, we dont see them in some craft flying out of the water exporing the outside space.
            Exactly, what have sharks ever done for floyd money mayweather?

Comment

All that millions of years...thats bs to me.

made up science

Comment

Sharks are really amazing creatures. They are the perfect life form when you think about it. They are resistant to so many diseases, they have a unique radar system in their noses that allows them to "see" other animals.

They can regenerate teeth at will, their skin is like armor. They can smell blood in the water from miles. They are perfectly shaped and formed to "fly" underwater.

Sharks are bad ass, but dolphins will fu.ck sharks up.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                  Sharks are damn underrated. Not particularly aggressive, attacks only happen a couple of times a year. I used to love my shark Top Trumps. Basking shark/tiger shark ftw
                  i used to think sharks are badasses too.. until i saw the documentary on killer whales and sharks. the killer whales found out that if they suprise attack a great white shark and tip the shark so that it'll be floating on its stomach, the sharks is literally harmless now (shark goes into sleep mode when flipped on its stomach) and the killer whale can go ahead and go in for the kill. after a while the great white sharks started to notice this and they all started to leave their feeding grounds in fear of the killer whales. change my whole outlook on great whites forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
                    Sharks are really amazing creatures. They are the perfect life form when you think about it. They are resistant to so many diseases, they have a unique radar system in their noses that allows them to "see" other animals.

They can regenerate teeth at will, their skin is like armor. They can smell blood in the water from miles. They are perfectly shaped and formed to "fly" underwater.

Sharks are bad ass, but dolphins will fu.ck sharks up.
                    Styles make fights. A slickster Dolphin will cruise to a UD against a facefirst brawler that Sharks tend to be. Plus, Dolphin's possess an extremely high in ring IQ that would allow it to change strats in case it's losing. Easy work.

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    i used to think sharks are badasses too.. until i saw the documentary on killer whales and sharks. the killer whales found out that if they suprise attack a great white shark and tip the shark so that it'll be floating on its stomach, the sharks is literally harmless now (shark goes into sleep mode when flipped on its stomach) and the killer whale can go ahead and go in for the kill. after a while the great white sharks started to notice this and they all started to leave their feeding grounds in fear of the killer whales. change my whole outlook on great whites forever.

Ala Mayweather? Yup, didn't read the rest. You're giving KO credit for a suckerpunch, bro

Just imagine, poor little Jaws is hanging out off some coast, you know? Just killing everything in sight, minding its own business. Out of nowhere some killer whale rushes him yelling "THUG LIFE" and tips him over, in shock the shark freezes and realizes he got caught "lackin" and hence he accepts his fate like a man and meets his maker.

Sneak dissin Killer Whales aint bout that life.

Real shit.

Comment

shark fin soup is delicious

Comment

Working...
                      X