No announcement yet.

why hasnt floyd been stripped of title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why hasnt floyd been stripped of title

i was wondering why floyd hasnt been stripped of his title. i mean yeah he just defended it but it wasnt against a mandatory opponent. it just confuses me how the other sanctioning bodies are pushing the other champions to fight their mandatories but do nothing to floyd. yeah hes the number one guy in the business but that doesnt make him immuned to the rules. when he pursued the de la hoya fight instead of defending his title he kept his welterweight championship. i bet if cotto, cintron, or quintana do the same thing i bet they would be stripped. i just dont think its fair. i say floyd should be stripped and let the top guys in that organization fight for it. if floyd is not interested in fighting the other champions or mandatories and doing fights against opponents coming from 140 or moving up to 154 to fight why is he still the champion. i just dont think its fair. what do you guys think

what do you guys think
    I think that's an amazing avatar you have.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
      i was wondering why floyd hasnt been stripped of his title. i mean yeah he just defended it but it wasnt against a mandatory opponent. it just confuses me how the other sanctioning bodies are pushing the other champions to fight their mandatories but do nothing to floyd. yeah hes the number one guy in the business but that doesnt make him immuned to the rules. when he pursued the de la hoya fight instead of defending his title he kept his welterweight championship. i bet if cotto, cintron, or quintana do the same thing i bet they would be stripped. i just dont think its fair. i say floyd should be stripped and let the top guys in that organization fight for it. if floyd is not interested in fighting the other champions or mandatories and doing fights against opponents coming from 140 or moving up to 154 to fight why is he still the champion. i just dont think its fair. what do you guys think
      I think if he doesn't defend this year against a top ten welter he should be stripped. He won the title in 06 and 09 can't come around without him making a defense. I still think he's the best though.

Comment

i think he had an optional defence againts a picked opp, he took on hatton, but im sure if he doesnt take on a top mandatory he will be stripped

Comment

Originally posted by raabd View Post
          I think if he doesn't defend this year against a top ten welter he should be stripped. He won the title in 06 and 09 can't come around without him making a defense. I still think he's the best though.
          the hatton fight was a defence, sometimes they get optional defence were they pick the fighter

Comment

I've heard, although I can't vouch for the validity of it, that Hatton was moved up to the WBC #1 contender at 147 when the fight was signed.

It sort of makes sense...

Think about Pernell Whitaker when he defended his 147 belt against Julio Cesar Chavez... clearly Chavez would be viewed as a much tougher challenge and much more ready opponent for that shot than some upstart prospect.

Same with Ricky Hatton. Say what you want about Andre Berto, but he hasn't beaten a former champion yet, nor a top 10 contender in the division, so I would think that Hatton, because he won the WBA belt from Luis Collazo, would be a much more credible challenger at 147.

Comment

Nah, he shouldn't be stripped, he beat Hatton who had a piece of the WW championship not too long ago. However if he only fights once this year (DLH rematch) then he should be stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                He did Jose Luis Castillo and Ricky Hatton. Everyone is so disgusted with Floyd b/c of his mouth. The public is wanting to see who can shut him up. Funny thing is that he knows this and he is eating this up. I think he is a little to cocky, but in boxing that what you need to be a #1 contender. I really see nothing with his cockiness. Actually its funny b/c I can see right through it. And I guess the public dont...

Comment

Originally posted by moy22487 View Post
                  the hatton fight was a defence, sometimes they get optional defence were they pick the fighter
                  thats a good point

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                    Nah, he shouldn't be stripped, he beat Hatton who had a piece of the WW championship not too long ago. However if he only fights once this year (DLH rematch) then he should be stripped.
                    agree with on that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X