No announcement yet.

Under the Lights: Canelo vs. Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
    It's on purpose. look up his interviews in russian language. he says he doesn't want to "americanize" too much.
    Really? I'll look some up. Never seen his Russian interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Some posters were saying there was no face off for this fight but this seemed like face off and maybe better. I like the answers both boxers gave to the questions. They were confident but respectful toward their opponent. Thanks for the video. I think Max asks good questions.
      I prefer Under the Light's format better than Face Off. Face Off came off as fake, pretentious and reality tv like.
      Last edited by HandsofIron; 09-05-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
        I prefer Under the Light's format better than Face Off. Face Off came off as fake, pretentious and reality tv like.
        With these 2 (Canelo and GGG) this format made more sense.

Face Off also works when the opponents really do not like each other and can communicate their thoughts well to the audience.

Here, Under the Lights was good in that Max and Roy Jones Jr were able to give their inputs as well .... especially those moments when the fighters were at a loss for words, for whatever reason.

GGG and Canelo were complimenting each other too much for something like Face Off to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          With these 2 (Canelo and GGG) this format made more sense.

Face Off also works when the opponents really do not like each other and can communicate their thoughts well to the audience.

Here, Under the Lights was good in that Max and Roy Jones Jr were able to give their inputs as well .... especially those moments when the fighters were at a loss for words, for whatever reason.
          I'm not a fan of face off, if some folks like that, that's cool. It's just not for me.

Comment

Working...
          X