Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
cameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,036,145.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1700 View Post
Money May is going to knock him out. McGregor is coming to kill or be killed, I can't seem him being as cautious as Pacquiao ended up being. Manny felt the pressure and the magnitude of the fight too much and ended up losing almost every round. Conor knows even if he gets KO'd his stock is going to go up regardless so he's going to go all out unlike Manny who failed to live up to expectations and make it a fight. Which is why it ended up being boring.
See, I hate hearing this about Mayweather. It's a common excuse for his opponents. The fact they all (pretty much Maidana apart) end up looking like rabbits in the headlights has little to do with the occasion, and more to do with fighting Floyd. He's such a perplexing fighter that he just confuses them. What normally works for them, doesn't work against Floyd and they can't understand why they are not being effective.

As if Pacquiao would have been caught up in the occasion with his multiple PPV fights. No more than Mayweather anyway. He was just lost against him as a fighter.
cameltoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-23-2017, 03:35 PM #32
Banned

Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Death_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond reputeDeath_Adder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,055,356.61
I heard you got robbed by some black folk on the freeway off ramp trying to sell your roses. Here's another one for you amigo. - The Tribe Here's a banana, now dance for me boy - Death_Adder No Message - Death_Adder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Floyd is right, he gets the blame for the Pacquiao fight but Manny deserves more of it.

Pac was the one that always threw lots of punches. He was the one who always moved in and back out at lots of awkward angles. He was the one that was supposed to be different from all of Floyd's other foes and not let Floyd shut down his offense.

But in the end he proved to be innefectual and just another guy that couldn't solve the MayVinci code. Hell, even Maidana put up a better effort.

Once Floyd clocked him with those right hands in the first round you could almost see the fog of confusion descend over Manny's face. He was like "What the hell am I in the ring with?"
How does Pac deserve more of it? Gay threw more and landed more, had the higher connect percentage, yet all people remember is him hugging and running his way to a win.

Pac apparently had an injured shoulder, and was throwing less than usual, it should've been target practice for Gay. Why didn't HE put the pressure? Why didn't HE go in for the kill? Why didn't HE put in a Gatti type performance if he knew Pac could'nt hurt him and made him miss all night?

All this blaming Pac by you FloHoes is stupid, considering Pac hasn't KO'd anyone in almost a decade and a guy like Horn beat up and busted up Pac worse than Gay did.
Death_Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:00 PM #33
Boxing Virtuoso

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 70,008,204,724,166,377,472.00
Total Points: 70,008,204,724,166,410,240.00
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov Cheers mate - Chrismart Cheers - BoxingIsGreat Much respect, homie!!! - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltoe View Post
See, I hate hearing this about Mayweather. It's a common excuse for his opponents. The fact they all (pretty much Maidana apart) end up looking like rabbits in the headlights has little to do with the occasion, and more to do with fighting Floyd. He's such a perplexing fighter that he just confuses them. What normally works for them, doesn't work against Floyd and they can't understand why they are not being effective.

As if Pacquiao would have been caught up in the occasion with his multiple PPV fights. No more than Mayweather anyway. He was just lost against him as a fighter.
I totally agree mate. I'm a huge Mayweather fan and I knew he was going to school Manny either way. My point was more than anything - This fight is gonna be a lot more entertaining because win or lose McGregor has nothing to lose so is going to come to knock out or get knocked out. Manny came to fight, but I feel like he didn't put it all out there like he should've done in the biggest fight of his career. He knew he was behind and wasn't willing to risk it all to get the knockout or get knocked out. If Conor gets knocked out, it won't really put his stock down much. He can just say "I faced one of the GOATS, and did it in a different sport".

Hopefully Conor proves me right and doesn't become "McQuitter"
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
JK1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:12 PM #34
Interim Champion

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
icebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 70,577.95
No Message - Sugar Booger :win: - BTL :win: - BTL :win: - BTL :win: - BTL 
:eat: - BTL :eat: - BTL :eat: - BTL :eat: - BTL :eat: - BTL 
:eat: - BTL :eat: - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BTL Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BTL Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - BTL AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BTL 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Floyd is right, he gets the blame for the Pacquiao fight but Manny deserves more of it.

Pac was the one that always threw lots of punches. He was the one who always moved in and back out at lots of awkward angles. He was the one that was supposed to be different from all of Floyd's other foes and not let Floyd shut down his offense.

But in the end he proved to be innefectual and just another guy that couldn't solve the MayVinci code. Hell, even Maidana put up a better effort.

Once Floyd clocked him with those right hands in the first round you could almost see the fog of confusion descend over Manny's face. He was like "What the hell am I in the ring with?"

Floyd let Manny know just like he will let Conor know, come into the kitchen if you want, but it's hot in here.

Quote:
Quote:
He breaks the will of fighters. After a few rounds, you realize it's not what you thought it was going to be. You can't do what you want to do to him. You start questioning yourself. How can I get this guy? What is he doing that I can't catch him?
Chop Chop Corley says that in this interview.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20241022/floyd-mayweather-sparring-partners-makes-unbeatable

I look forward to floyd doing this one more time to an opponent, especially one that's talking crazy like Conor has.
icebergisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:32 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8826 Post(s)
DramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond reputeDramaShow has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 109,913,453,530,170,589,184.00
One of Boxingscene's Best - Freedom. Keep up the great posts, man! - anthonydavid11 Trump wins - Freedom. HAVE ANOTHER GLASS - Monaco Slim for many excellent posts - Freedom. 
Keeping the Ward idiots in line.  Great job! - anthonydavid11 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Monaco Slim 

well thats setting the bar pretty low
DramaShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:33 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
cameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,036,145.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1700 View Post
I totally agree mate. I'm a huge Mayweather fan and I knew he was going to school Manny either way. My point was more than anything - This fight is gonna be a lot more entertaining because win or lose McGregor has nothing to lose so is going to come to knock out or get knocked out. Manny came to fight, but I feel like he didn't put it all out there like he should've done in the biggest fight of his career. He knew he was behind and wasn't willing to risk it all to get the knockout or get knocked out. If Conor gets knocked out, it won't really put his stock down much. He can just say "I faced one of the GOATS, and did it in a different sport".

Hopefully Conor proves me right and doesn't become "McQuitter"
Fair enough, and totally right. Manny didn't go for it like he could of. It would have been great to see him really throw caution to the wind. But I think he lost confidence by not being able to get to Floyd. Strange that Floyd still got the brunt of the criticism.
cameltoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 PM #37
Contender

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
ArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond reputeArturoBalboa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 64,023.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
In 49 fights he's never delivered anything exciting, can't see how this one will be any different. I anticipate a lot of boos from the restless crowd who will once again be duped.
Corrales, gatti, Augustus, manfredy, cotto- you never got any excitement out of any of those?
You're a tough crowd, wouldn't like to throw you a surprise birthday party
ArturoBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 PM #38
Contender

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
BoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud ofBoxingFan82 has much to be proud of
Total Points: 9,773.20

Quote:
He's such a perplexing fighter that he just confuses them. What normally works for them, doesn't work against Floyd and they can't understand why they are not being effective.
A lot of Mayweather's opponents underestimate Floyd's punching power, which is in part a function of blinding speed and perfect delivery.

To quote Tyson, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Floyd has enough to keep opponents honest and I'd imagine its quite disturbing for them when they realize that they can get hit with a good punch that they didn't even see coming, or eat a counter right when what they thought was going to be an effective punch finds only air.
BoxingFan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:32 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
noStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,061,074.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergisonfire View Post

Floyd let Manny know just like he will let Conor know, come into the kitchen if you want, but it's hot in here.

Chop Chop Corley says that in this interview.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

I look forward to floyd doing this one more time to an opponent, especially one that's talking crazy like Conor has.

Lol punched him in the neck, of course there will be more excitement he's facing a guy with 0-0 boxing record. No way Floyd presses forward against Pac.
noStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:40 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
genrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to all
Bank: 5,821.16
Total Points: 66,854.30

The man will say anything to sell the freak show.
People keep falling for it, then complain and want their money back.
genrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List