Effects of protein shake...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of protein shake...

Hey All,
    I recently switched to all non-weight training (sit-ups, push-ups, dips, pull-ups, leg raises, elliptical and of course boxing) and I was wondering if protein shakes are still beneficial after that type of workout as compared to a weight machine oriented workout? I used to use weights and machines and took my whey protein shake afterwards but have stopped for about two months as i switched regimes.

how much you weigh and height

Comment

Im 6'1" 155 1/2

Comment

Yes, protein shakes are still beneficial. No matter what your regimen is, the building blocks of your muscles is protein. If you exercise them, they tear, to repair, they need a protein and a shuttle for the protein. They can't hurt and without a significant effort to gain weight, they wont bulk you up, they will just keep your muscles full and healthy.

Comment

Whey protein isn't mass gainers. It's just amino acids. They're just replacements for protein rich foods.

Comment

Drink ya shake boy!

Comment

I've been getting these fruit drinks from a stand near where I work. Stuff like avocado, mango and banana mixes, I've found that they shoot my energy level up and make me feel like exercising harder.

Comment

Working...
              X