Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Anthony Joshua knockout Carlos Takam as Joseph Parker didn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua stops him between 4-6. joshua's physical presence is way too much for Takam to handle. He'll be bullied then stopped.

Comment

Taking the fight on short notice, Takam has no chance. As usual the fighter stepping in will look good for a few rounds but when the lack of training kicks in, it will be over.

Comment

Of course he will knock him out. He has knocked out everybody he has ever fought. Why stop now?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't know how this eluded me but I wasn't aware Pulev fought Chisora. I must have been away with the fairies that weekend. Boxrec says SD, was it close or just another strange scorecard?

I'll be honest I have not seen too much of Pulev, I saw his fights with Klitschko, Thompson and Johnson and it wasn't impressed in those fights. I think his defense is way too leaky and AJ hurts him early. But maybe I'll watch more.
          It was quite wide 117 theirabouts. Pulev was utilising a solid jab backed up by a solid right through the high guard of Del. Del fought off of the ropes most of the fight and seldom let his hands go, he looked extremely poor, gunshy and terrified to mix it up which is why I find it peculiar Whyte is tabbed as a big puncher.

It was not a particularly exciting fight. Pulev however fights at a steady constant pressure speed, generally stifling his opponent and stacking up the rounds methodically Klitschko style if you will. His counters are as sharp as Wlad's in his prime obviously not as heavy, his timing also appears a huge strength, hence why I was excited to see the AJ fight, nobody would have given AJ credit regardless but it is what it is, I hope Wilder gets Pulev now as he really is the opponent available to give Wider the most credit and kudos going into a unification now Ortiz is a confirmed cheat.

Against Thompson he took over after about the third if I recall, their was a genuine fear at an early stage Thompson may in fact get a third Klitschko fight, I was personally horrified during that fight. His defence I don't see holding up against Joshua, offensively he could thwart Joshua's coming forward at will with strength and timing ultimately I'd expect a capitulation though as I'm not so sure he has the snapping power to shock Joshua, he has power but not fast hands to deliver like Wilder and Joshua.

I still like heavyweight the division is just exceptionally thin on the ground with talent in the higher echelon, Pulev is a solid addition to the B class of opponents like Povetkin, Ortiz and Parker if Wilder and Joshua are to be considered elite not a term I would throw around for them but they're clearly the A class within the division I do feel the division lacks an elite level pedigree boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            both of those guys suck. Pulev knocked out ustinov with a jab ffs. embarrassing
            It's the haemorrhoid kid, if you've quoted me to get you some more scheriproct lotion I'm afraid I can get you no more, youve cleared out my local pharmacy as well as your own you shall have to try another poster on here.

Comment

I think Joshua could struggle with Takam, he's hard to hit on the outside due to his in/out foot-speed, head movement, body dipping, feints with his jab hand and lateral movement, when he does get in distance he is A+ on the inside and good defensively.

Depends if Joshua has an inside game (haven't seen it yet). I haven't seen Joshua in enough competitive fights to be totally confident he can beat a guy lie Takam on short notice.

I get a lot of hate for saying I think Takam can win, but I'll be the first to give Joshua credit if he deals with Takam convincingly, which no one has done in his entire career. NO ONE has beaten him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                It's the haemorrhoid kid, if you've quoted me to get you some more scheriproct lotion I'm afraid I can get you no more, youve cleared out my local pharmacy as well as your own you shall have to try another poster on here.
                Solid post.

You've convinced me that Ustinov is a worldclass fighter.

Comment

Povetkin knocked out Takam and not Parker you dumb casuals!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X