Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was a hell of a dive by Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Matthysse just doesn't have a big heart. He's got the power but once he starts getting hit and hurt much, he's looking for a way out. Manny's style was poison for him. No dive. Just a dude who decided to quit trying. Bayless wouldn't have stopped it if Matthysse hadn't spit his mouth piece out. That was a sure sign that he'd said Screw it. Some guys aren't going to fight balls to the wall until they fall. They get hurt a little and they either quit or go into a shell. That's what happened imo.

Comment

Lucas is pretty much past prime for a long time, he looked bad vs Postol and got hurt by similar shots and got knocked out by a lighter punching guy. Manny hits much harder and is much faster, even at 39. Lucas is a naturally aging fighter who has been in many tough wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        I think Matthysse just doesn't have a big heart. He's got the power but once he starts getting hit and hurt much, he's looking for a way out. Manny's style was poison for him. No dive. Just a dude who decided to quit trying. Bayless wouldn't have stopped it if Matthysse hadn't spit his mouth piece out. That was a sure sign that he'd said Screw it. Some guys aren't going to fight balls to the wall until they fall. They get hurt a little and they either quit or go into a shell. That's what happened imo.

True, but I think if Lucas had been 29 instead of 35, no fricking way would he have folded like he did.

Comment

Lol. I was thinking the same thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            True, but I think if Lucas had been 29 instead of 35, no fricking way would he have folded like he did.
            Oh could be.

Age definitely plays a factor.

Comment

thanks for watching, thanks for the support, thanks for keeping it relevant by talking about it, whether it is good or bad, thanks for keeping it front page.

Comment

Stupid theories. If Matthysse was to throw the fight, why the hell would he take a random fake knee to make it a 10-8 round, if he could simply go down later in the fight after eating a good shot and pretend to be KO’d? Pacquiao is still a very strong puncher. Hell maybe Matthyse ate a punch a minute earlier that made him dizzy and was trying to fight on but couldnt’t when he took that knee.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  pac hasn't been a come forward fighter for ten years. this is why he got robbed against floyd. everyone expected him to just come forward and when he didnt they said well i guess floyd is winning ignoring that pac was actually landing the much cleaner punches and befuddling floyd who could only land little grazing punches at best.
                  He did come forward against Floyd. He just couldn't capitalize against one of the very best defensive fighters let alone fighters who ever lived. And he didn't land close to enough clean punches to say that he came close to a draw let alone win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Well said. Pac was fast, hitting hard, and landing every punch from jabs to right hooks to straight lefts to left uppercuts. And Matthysse was a career JWW. Some fans still had this imaginary thought of the tough Matthysse that we came to know forgetting that he's been in many wars, and had quit when he had enough in the past.

Comment

He looked very slow, and hittable in the fight last night. I am glad the referee stopped the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X