No announcement yet.

Unusual endings??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
    That fight was May 10th 1996 I believe, Holyfield vs Czyz was the main event, but the Lennox Lewis vs Ray Mercer fight stole the show, it was a Heavyweight triple header at Madison Square Garden, the opening fight was former champ Tim Witherspoon vs Gonzalez the former Cuban star. Very good night of action, but a crazy ending to the fight, the craziest thing is Holyfields lackluster effort vs Czyz is what landed him the title shot against Mike Tyson
    And Evander knocking iron mike out
    Thank You for the correction/info - my eyes are for **** - Czyz's previous fight was on 12/05/95 - BoxRec's print must be getting smaller; It's their fault. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
      That fight was May 10th 1996 I believe, Holyfield vs Czyz was the main event, but the Lennox Lewis vs Ray Mercer fight stole the show, it was a Heavyweight triple header at Madison Square Garden, the opening fight was former champ Tim Witherspoon vs Gonzalez the former Cuban star. Very good night of action, but a crazy ending to the fight, the craziest thing is Holyfields lackluster effort vs Czyz is what landed him the title shot against Mike Tyson
      And Evander knocking iron mike out
      Thats why everyone though Tyson would kill him.

Comment

Aaron Pryor's only loss in 1987 was kinda strange.

Comment

--- Pryor had taken time off for eye problems and become a coke addict, so his sole defeat was preordained.

Little Red Lopez taking an alltime beating before leveling his guy with a straight right became endemic, but in the beginning was quite shocking.

Comment

Working...
          X