No announcement yet.

How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

It never ceases to amaze me the degree to which past greats are inflated however. Maybe I'm waaay off, but in my world the greatest boxers of each era would probably square off reasonably competitively against each other. Of course, it remains to be seen where Lomachenko slots into the wider history of the sport, but there's absolutely no reason to believe at this stage that it wouldn't be competitive.

here's the first thing; linares was the first fight for lomachenko at 135. he's not the best of the era at the weight, he just got there! second, linares is an ok fighter and has a lot of talent, but he's got losses to juan carlos salgado, antonio freaking demarco, and a no namer whose name i cannot remember! and finally, lomachenko had some problems with linares! couldn't hurt him or slow his roll much to the head, got moved around physically from some of the combinations. watch duran knock davey moore, a big, strong 154 lber, half way across the f#cking ring!

we remember past greats as great fighters because that's what they were. we only remember a few of them, and there have been millions of boxers over the years! duran's resume is absolutely astounding, man. it doesn't even look real. he basically had two hall of fame, all time great careers.

he fought more, took on tougher tests, and took more losses than today's great fighters. and yes, i think he pounds on lomachenko. styles make fights, and there's also just levels to this ****, man. he's just a better fighter. maybe lomacheko's got more in the bag. maybe i'm wrong. but i doubt it . duran was one of the 10 best boxers ever, bigger, a bad style and too good of a chin for a guy without a ton of pop, just all kinds of wrong for lomachenko.

Comment

Duran beats ANYONE at 135

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
        Nostalgia will make people say Duran, but Lomachenko would bewilder Duran... The guy who is famous for "no mas" would get no mas'd at 135.
        I’m a HUGE Loma fan but that is straight BS😭😭😭😭😭

Go and actually watch a few Duran fights, then you’ll understand.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          Nobody beats Duran at 135.
          Agreed...........

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Oh boy, already here I see. First fight at 135 and the fantasy madness starts. The funnier thing is after one fight at 135 that didn’t necessarily show much, people already have him beating Duran. Never stops.
            I dont know whats worse, the people who have to start threads like this just so they can see 50 posts about "duran ghouls Loma" to feel better about themselves, or people that think a very talented fighter, with ONE fight at the weight and just now starting his prime, would easily beat an ATG like Duran at his best weight.

Both are pretty pathetic

That being said, duran ghouls loma
            Last edited by OnePunch; 05-21-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              here's the first thing; linares was the first fight for lomachenko at 135. he's not the best of the era at the weight, he just got there! second, linares is an ok fighter and has a lot of talent, but he's got losses to juan carlos salgado, antonio freaking demarco, and a no namer whose name i cannot remember! and finally, lomachenko had some problems with linares! couldn't hurt him or slow his roll much to the head, got moved around physically from some of the combinations. watch duran knock davey moore, a big, strong 154 lber, half way across the f#cking ring!

we remember past greats as great fighters because that's what they were. we only remember a few of them, and there have been millions of boxers over the years! duran's resume is absolutely astounding, man. it doesn't even look real. he basically had two hall of fame, all time great careers.

he fought more, took on tougher tests, and took more losses than today's great fighters. and yes, i think he pounds on lomachenko. styles make fights, and there's also just levels to this ****, man. he's just a better fighter. maybe lomacheko's got more in the bag. maybe i'm wrong. but i doubt it . duran was one of the 10 best boxers ever, bigger, a bad style and too good of a chin for a guy without a ton of pop, just all kinds of wrong for lomachenko.
              I think perhaps you're misunderstanding me, I'm not of the opinion that Lomachenko would beat Duran, in fact I don't have an opinion on it at all, cos I don't really engage in this kind of fantasy match-up. Merely making the observation that it absolutely is conceivable that if Dejesus could beat Duran then Lomachenko could - and more broadly that all past era greats were just as prone to off nights, stylistic difficulties and unwise habits (more so in many cases) as today's boxers are. To read some of the comments on here you'd imagine that the past greats had just trotted down off Mt Olympus shooting lightening out of their d1cks... these were very good boxers - sure, some of the very best the sport has produced, but not unbeatable demi-gods.

EDIT: And I also made the point that we simply don't know how good Loma is yet anyway. Dude could lose his next fight and then any such discussion would be redundant. My point wasn't about how good Loma is (which remains to be seen) but really more to do with the slender margins that divide elite fighters of any era.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-21-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I'm not even convinced that Lomachenko is more skilled than Duran

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  DeJesus beat him at 135.
                  Duran v Dejesus 1 was actually fought above 135. It was a meaningless ten round non title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I think perhaps you're misunderstanding me, I'm not of the opinion that Lomachenko would beat Duran, in fact I don't have an opinion on it at all, cos I don't really engage in this kind of fantasy match-up. Merely making the observation that it absolutely is conceivable that if Dejesus could beat Duran then Lomachenko could - and more broadly that all past era greats were just as prone to off nights, stylistic difficulties and unwise habits (more so in many cases) as today's boxers are. To read some of the comments on here you'd imagine that the past greats had just trotted down off Mt Olympus shooting lightening out of their d1cks... these were very good boxers - sure, some of the very best the sport has produced, but not unbeatable demi-gods.

EDIT: And I also made the point that we simply don't know how good Loma is yet anyway. Dude could lose his next fight and then any such discussion would be redundant. My point wasn't about how good Loma is (which remains to be seen) but really more to do with the slender margins that divide elite fighters of any era.
                    Hmmm. Loma is at the upper end of his weight range. Duran at the lower end. He's naturally bigger, has an outstanding chin, a great boxer with excellent defense and a big punch. His infighting skills are second to none. There are videos on the internet devoted soley to Duran's infighting skills. IQ. There is a thread on this website. I believe it's called the best I've ever faced, where fighters speak about their best opponents attributes. Almost without fail his opponents say that Duran has the highest ring IQ of anyone they have ever fought. Loma IMO can't beat Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

I'm not even convinced that Lomachenko is more skilled than Duran
                      He's not. Duran's hand speed is superior to Lomo's. He also has a better variety of punches. He's also a better infighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X