Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Don'T UK POSTERS PUSH for BJS vs GGG? Is it Like The JOSHUA PRESERVATION?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs, Canelo and GGG should be the only fights BJS is looking to fight. The talent pool in the division isn't deep enough to be able to not look for those fights.

Comment

Whoever started this thread is either:

(a) ignorant; or
      (b) a liar.

There is almost NO match British fans would rather see than BJS v GGG, for all the belts. (Of course, we are also waiting for sanity to prevail, so we get Joshua v Wilder.)

If anything, we're getting tired, for example, of waiting for Brook v Khan.

BJS v GGG is the best clash of styles, in a unification match, out there. Better than Joshua v Wilder, where a single punch might end it all. We know GGG can punch and we know BJS has a chin and absolutely superb (his nickname) footwork.

The person who seems NOT to want this fight is GGG's trainer, Abel Sanchez, who came out with some nonsense about BJS pricing himself out of the bout and, therefore "not really wanting the fight."

The fact that he was quoting a figure that BJS had, ALLEGEDLY, demanded for DEFENDING his title against Daniel Jacobs (a decent fighter but one without a belt to risk), means Sanchez's claim is based upon mere supposition, rather than facts.

Indeed, it is, by now, well-known, that BJS DID sign a contract to fight GGG in Astana, Kazakhstan, for last September, during the World Expo, hosted there. GGG did NOT sign and return the contract - apparently, as things turned out, he was waiting to see if negotiations to face Canelo, at the same tiime, would prove decisive, which they did.

Consequently, BJS defended his belt against Willie Monroe Jr (the fighter who was punched or kicked in the testicles, by Billy-Joe's son, at the weigh in.) A cursory glance at the fight notes provided by Boxrec make it clear that Frank Warren, Billy-Joe's promoter, believed that BJS would be facing GGG in December (2017) - something he described as a "done deal." Of course, a few hours later, a maniacal judge, by the name of Adalaide Byrd, ended those hopes with her ludicrous card, which awarded the fight to Canelo by 10 rounds to 2.

Since negotiations for a possible rematch went back and forth until January 29, 2018, BJS was left without any prospect of fighting GGG in December and, therefore, took on his mandatory, David Lemieux, in Lemieux' own backyard.

There were many people on this site who, when that fight was announced, confidently predicted that Lemieux would put Billy-Joe to sleep - a claim I found to be rather amusing, given the way that BJS had previously dealt with so-called punchers, such as Chris Eubank Jr and Andy Lee.

It was no fault of Billy-Joe's that he did not face GGG. This version of BJS is a much more mature and focused fighter than the relative youngster who mocked Chris Eubank Jr by claiming that "Golovkin would beat you and I on the same night."

The BJS who won virtually every round against Lemieux, indeed, wasted no time in calling out GGG:

"Golovkin, you kept saying you want my WBO belt when I was 14 stone, out of shape and wasn't in love with boxing. Then you wanted to fight me. Fight me now. Now fight me, cos we'll be seeing a different story. You'll be punching fresh air."

Hardly the words of someone running away from the biggest test of his career.

If money is truly the issue, Abel Sanchez doesn't need to cast his mind too far back to when his man fought pumped-up welterweight Kell Brook at London's O2 Arena. GGG received his, then, largest purse, ever of $5m (and still only bettered by what he earned from the Canelo fight.

Any fight between GGG and BJS, for all the belts, would be perceived as being bigger than the Brook fight. Frank Warren has said they could fill a football stadium. Wembley, Arsenal's Emirates Stadium, the new Tottenham Hotspur Ground, London Stadium (the former 2012 Olympic Stadium) and Twickenham are all stadiums in the capital capable of hosting 60,000 to 90,000 spectators. If the fight were made for Winter, then the Millennium Stadium, in Cardiff, hosts up to 78,000 under cover. With PPV sales pushed by Frank Warren's brand new deal with BT, could virtually guarantee a very lucrative night for both champions.

Even if The Big Lug is right about Billy-Joe, which I don't think he is, there are over 300,000 members from the Travelling Community, in the UK alone. Many of them would swarm to a big event like this.

Personally, I love both fighters and would hate to see either of them lose - but I still want to see the fight. Much more so than any other possible GGG fight which may be on the horizon. In the kind of mental and physical condition BJS has got himself into, under new coach, Dominic Ingle, I just can't see anyone in the division testing him as much as GGG. That assessment will, of course, change, when someone like Charlo gets more experience in the middleweight division - but for now, I see BJS as being too slick for anyone but the proven real deal (GGG) and, perhaps, Alvarez (but we all know he is a cruiserweight when he steps into the ring on fight nights.)

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        Ggg is scared of bjs

He don’t want none just like the cheater canelo didn’t

Bjs is the king of 160 and anyone can earn their highest pay day fighting in the uk but are scared

Interesting where is the American 160 fighter, oh that’s right he lost his balls like the rest of you yanks
        Saunders is the one who is scared you American hating ass hole. He plays it safe defending his title for the third time in a row against a boxer GGG already knocked out. American Jacobs tried to fight him but Saunders wanted none of it. Nobody wants to fight in the UK because if the UK fighter lands a good punch the ref stops the fight and awards it to the UK fighter. Jermall, Jacobs, Canelo and GGG all beat Saunders. Saunders claim to fame is winning every round from Lemieux but never hurting him. GGG beat a much better Lemieux by winning every round and knocking him out. Hopefully Murray beats Saunders and we will get a new champion who will fight the top contenders instead of GGG leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Ggg is scared of bjs

He don’t want none just like the cheater canelo didn’t

Bjs is the king of 160 and anyone can earn their highest pay day fighting in the uk but are scared

Interesting where is the American 160 fighter, oh that’s right he lost his balls like the rest of you yanks
          GGG already beat them all, its just too easy!
          They keep on making excuses.

Golovkin also already beat the best Brit who moved to 160 temporarily in Kell Brook, GGG would destroy Saunders caravan and f**k Saunders missus and sister at the same time, quite an easy feat to achieve because his missus and sister are the one person.
          Last edited by M Bison; 05-07-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Saunders is the one who is scared you American hating ass hole. He plays it safe defending his title for the third time in a row against a boxer GGG already knocked out. American Jacobs tried to fight him but Saunders wanted none of it. Nobody wants to fight in the UK because if the UK fighter lands a good punch the ref stops the fight and awards it to the UK fighter. Jermall, Jacobs, Canelo and GGG all beat Saunders. Saunders claim to fame is winning every round from Lemieux but never hurting him. GGG beat a much better Lemieux by winning every round and knocking him out. Hopefully Murray beats Saunders and we will get a new champion who will fight the top contenders instead of GGG leftovers.
            yeah but to BJS's defense at least he has called out Golovkin. Where is Golovkin and Abel in their numerous interviews throughout months to punk BJS and his requests? Both sides are saying they price themselves out. What are the details?

I wouldn't be surprised if Loeffler doesn't budge from a 500K difference in their negotiations. Meaning, if it's so easy to beat BJS, why don't they fork over any deviation from 500K to 1.5 million on top of their purses. We know it's more to that with Warren. Where is the fight staged? Box Nation ain't gonna bend over to Loeffler. Fish Eyes is gangsta! Lil'G and his crews better watch out for Brick Top and Fish Eyes 2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              I want the fight this year, if GGG takes Canelo over BJS then it's a clear duck.

GGG can even postpone his mandatory and keep the IBF if he fights Saunders.
              If GGG is offered a fight with Canelo and fights Saunders instead then his army of haters on here will say he clearly ducked Canelo. GGG is only one champion. He can't fight Canelo, Saunders, the Russian and Jermall all at the same time. No matter which one he does fight first he will get plenty of hate from unreasonable haters. I want to see him try to beat Canelo by ud or KO first. Then fight Saunders. Then fight the 12 fight wonder Russian and then fight Jermall. If he is still champion then give Jacobs a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                yeah but to BJS's defense at least he has called out Golovkin. Where is Golovkin and Abel in their numerous interviews throughout months to punk BJS and his requests? Both sides are saying they price themselves out. What are the details?

I wouldn't be surprised if Loeffler doesn't budge from a 500K difference in their negotiations. Meaning, if it's so easy to beat BJS, why don't they fork over any deviation from 500K to 1.5 million on top of their purses. We know it's more to that with Warren. Where is the fight staged? Box Nation ain't gonna bend over to Loeffler. Fish Eyes is gangsta! Lil'G and his crews better watch out for Brick Top and Fish Eyes 2.0!
                Saunders is fighting his third GGG KO victim in a row. Defend that. Saunders is calling GGG out at a time when he knows GGG has unfinished business with Canelo and then he prices himself out as well. GGG is the true champion and the A side, not Saunders.GGG shouldn't fight him in the UK where they will rob him if they can. Let them fight in Vegas which is neutral and Saunders gets a UK judge but no UK referee.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Saunders is fighting his third GGG KO victim in a row. Defend that. Saunders is calling GGG out at a time when he knows GGG has unfinished business with Canelo and then he prices himself out as well. GGG is the true champion and the A side, not Saunders.GGG shouldn't fight him in the UK where they will rob him if they can. Let them fight in Vegas which is neutral and Saunders gets a UK judge but no UK referee.
                  You still dont get it. Who has the WBO? #excuses

Comment

Working...
                  X