No announcement yet.

This Is How Republicans Suppress Voter Turn Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Asking for ID suppresses your voting rights, but asking for ID does not suppress your gun rights.

Liberal logic.
    That isn't really the issue. IDs, as a requirement to vote, in and of itself doesn't suppress a person's right to vote. The access to IDs on the other hand does. I just see this as a no brainer. Give everyone ID when they turn 18 and be done with it. In the grand scheme of things it would be rather cheap and both sides get what they want. Or at least what they claim to want. Not often we have an issue where both sides can pretty much get their way yet we still somehow find a way to be at odds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Full disclosure: when I vote at my local polling place (a school) they never ask me for my ID. They ask my name and address, then hand me a ballot.
      The ****?
      You need to report them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I was speaking only about Voter ID's.

There is a difference between driving and voting. According to the article, the DL's are being issued by law. "Immigrants are getting tested, licensed and insured and this is making our roads safer for everyone,"

They aren't being given DL's, they are getting them after passing the test. No such test exists for voting. Not the same thing.

The gov't in your state compiles birth records for everyone born in the state. when they turn 18, issue them a voting ID. If done properly and without corruption the very small problem of illegals voting will be all but controlled.
        Illegal immigrants, with their limited English and lack of qualifying documents can somehow obtain Drivers Licences but actual American citizens cannot obtain a state ID.

Comment

And you can get ID even before you turn 18.

I had a drivers license at 16.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Illegal immigrants, with their limited English and lack of qualifying documents can somehow obtain Drivers Licences but actual American citizens cannot obtain a state ID.
            More liberal logic.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              The ****?
              You need to report them.
              I live in a liberal state, so the 'no ID' policy is the status quo...

Comment

You make it sound like you have to go through a NASA training program in order to obtain an ID. This is so utterly ridiculous that it even boggles my mind how a sane person can make such a crazy argument.

Lets add up the costs to get documents in order to obtain an ID. In your state of NJ you need 6 points,

Birth Certificate (Free at birth) - 4 points
                SS Car (Free at Birth) - 1 point
                ATM or Debit Card (Free at the Bank) - 1 point
                Proof of Residence, ie Utility bill (FREE)

Now the travel to the DMV, yes most people work, but every single person also gets atleast 1-2 days off, so your argument that there is no time is bull****, just like every other argument about someone not having time.

DMV cost in NJ to print an ID, $24. You need $24, documents which you should already own for free, and on your day off from work you could obtain this mythical unicorn of paper which is referred to as state ID.

As for pushing for government to issue free ID's, that is a whole separate issue, and doesn't really play into what the current laws in majority of states are.
                No I didn't jim. I posted the barriers that working/poor/elderly/minority voters face in obtaining an ID.

When you work a salaried job like me, you get days off. when you are working class and poor,and work hourly jobs, those "days off" are days you are not earning money. Many are working their other hourly job on those days.

What are the costs to travel to all the places to obtain this info then the cost to travel to the DMV? The DMV is closed on the weekends, so you can only go on a weekday, a workday, to obtain them. so you lose a day's pay.

As for pushing for government to issue free ID's, that is a whole separate issue, and doesn't really play into what the current laws in majority of states are.

Of course it doesn't because the majority of states are republican controlled legislatures that don't want to make it easy for the poor and minorities to vote because they tend to vote democratic.

Like I said playing stupid isn't something you do well.

I offer a way to take the racism out of voter ID's such that we both get what we want and you continue to argue about how easy it should be for poor and minorities to get the voter ID.

Just admit it-you are ok voter ID laws because they give your candidates the best chance to win because they deflate voter turnout among working class, poor and minorities, who tend to vote opposite of you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  That is incorrect.

More than 1 million illegal aliens have received drivers licenses (a valid form of ID) in California.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...207939584.html
                  So how will they check if an illegal is voting or not in California if a drivers license is accepted by itself for voting or do you need another document?

JimRaynor, help me out here.

Comment

Are you aware of what documents Cali requires illegals to have to take the driving test or are you making another general snarky comment to avoid addressing the substance of the post because you can't do so in a way that doesn't make you come off looking bad?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      So how will they check if an illegal is voting or not in California if a drivers license is accepted by itself for voting or do you need another document?

JimRaynor, help me out here.
                      How do you guys vote in Jamaica? Do they require IDs?

Comment

Working...
                      X