Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tank being set up for the Broner treatment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this past week+ he has been getting heat due to Floyd himself. Floyd gave less than praise to Loma and Rigo, which Loma caught wind of, and then proceeded to call Floyd out on it. Tank got dragged into it of course. Loma's reaction was hey Floyd, since I am slow and robotic, put Tank in the ring with me. Floyd has been attempting damage control via deflection ever since.

Before that I don't think anyone was really targeting Tank to fight Loma. Loma has bigger fish to fry.

Comment

Well he is an idiot like Broner, He seems like he will fail himself

Comment

No because Larry hasn't claimed that he'll be the next fighter of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Seems there's a lot of similarities;
          Young guy. Looks very impressive. Talks shyt. Gets in trouble. Has an association w/ Floyd.

Mayweather haters can't wait to see him lose and are sitting there with baited breath. They can't even wait for him to get more experience before facing the top guy. First time he loses a close fight, they're going to make it the event of the year and mock him to no end.

I don't think his fans are helping him out a whole lot either as he's been overhyped a bit. I think he's shown inconsistencies and the fact that he's got a bulky frame means he's soon going to be a really short guy for whatever division he ends up in. He's not going to be a Floyd or Ward so be prepared for that.

There's way too much pressure on this kid, simply because of his Mayweather association. Seems like a talented guy but they are going to rip him apart, just like Broner, as soon as he loses. All because they still got the anger toward Floyd.

Come on, you’re better than this. Bonehead is a chump, he didn’t put in the work when it counted so he lost. Tank acts just like Bonehead, so if he suffers the same fate, it’s probably because he reaped what he sowed.

Comment

Seems there's a lot of similarities;
            Young guy. Looks very impressive. Talks shyt. Gets in trouble. Has an association w/ Floyd.
            Broner and Davis looked impressive against C-B level fighters. I wanna see Davis against a top tier opponent, before I decide if he's the real deal. Broner did more than talk shit; he was just plain annoying. I haven't seen Davis doing much talking, but when he does, he kinda sounds like he has a speech impediment. I do think that Broner's issues outside of the ring may have hindered him. I hope Davis doesn't suffer the same fate. We don't need another arrogant hype job. I think Broner's association with Floyd got him stardom, before he really deserved it. When he lost to Maidana, so many more people saw that, than they would had he not gotten so popular off of Mayweather. I wish Davis could stay off the radar for a few more fights, but I don't see that happening.

They can't even wait for him to get more experience before facing the top guy. First time he loses a close fight, they're going to make it the event of the year and mock him to no end.
            World champions are expected to take on other world champions. When you hold your belt hostage, you set a roadblock for other champions, looking to unify or be undisputed. Gervonta Davis shouldn't have gotten a world title that early in his career, because he wasn't ready to face other champions. Luckily, he lost his belt on the scales, and beat the guy who was trying to get it. I also think he'll be clowned if he loses. He beat Fonseca, and still got clowned.

There's way too much pressure on this kid, simply because of his Mayweather association. Seems like a talented guy but they are going to rip him apart, just like Broner, as soon as he loses. All because they still got the anger toward Floyd.
            That's what happens when you're being promoted by the world's richest athlete. Davis receiving attention off of Mayweather is a no-brainer. Being undefeated is a selling point nowadays, so 1 loss could potentially derail a boxer's career. This could explain why some fighters avoid challenges.
            Last edited by Slicc; 01-01-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I hear you. I thought he sounded humble in post-fight interviews and really liked his attitude early on until I saw that^ shyt and some stuff of him acting like a douchebag in a mall or some shyt. lol
              Not that a guy needs to be saintly for me to like him but it goes back to a personal saying of mine which is that it's easier to be an a$$hole than it is to show class.
              Yeah he’s hit or miss. Sometimes he sounds humble but sometimes he’s on that hood ish. I mean he’s got a fun style so it’s hard not to like him for me but that stunt after the ko in the last fight just left a bad taste in my mouth, especially because he didn’t look that great. Didn’t help that I was talking him up to my friends who never watch boxing.

Back to your original question though I don’t think he’s being set up to be Broner 2.0. Broner, love him or hate him, is a personality. Tank is just a fighter. Broner can be brought in as an opponent and still sell very well because guys love to see him get humbled. If Tank loses he will have a harder time bouncing back because he’s a dangerous puncher but doesn’t have the hatred that Broner had.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                i havent followed davis a ton as far as interviews and whatnot...ive seen him on showtime before a fight being interviewed....but he seems less ignorant and dumb than broner...like broner has a certain quality to him that makes him really easy to dislike....davis doesnt seem to be on that level....broner is just stupid and ignorant on a whole different level

but yeah...when davis loses it will be an event...if he lost to loma the loma groupies will be acting as if it was loma himself that beat floyd himself
                Exhibit A the poster is threatened by EE fighters

Comment

Tank acts like an assh0le. For every fake 'nice guy' interview, you can find 2 instances of him being a prick when nobody is watching. If he's anything like Broner, it's not because he's associated with Floyd, it's because he's an absolute bonehead.

Comment

I don't think he is much like Broner. I think he is a damn good fighter and I never thought Broner was that good at any time. He is likable and reasonable humble. Broner is an arrogant disrespectful bragger. He takes his boxing seriously and trains hard and fights his best while I don't think Broner does.

Comment

How can fans be responsible for what fighters do or didn't do in their careers?

Sounds so immature. Is this a serious question?

I doubt these types of fighters even give a *** about fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X