Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FACT or FICTION: Those who obsess over GGG not moving up in weight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he needs to stay where he is and fight saunders, Jacobs, n eubanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Why should GGG dare to be great when Floyd never done the same?

GGG has essentially said he will only move up on the same grounds as Floyd and that is for a good payday which would likely be possible against Ramirez, DeGale and a Carl Froch.

We know Golovkin will fight above his natural weight limit and remain there unlike Floyd who only ever moved up in weights because his body could no longer make it then the forced move up in weights against easy opposition who were either past their best or too green or drained in weight to make it possible of happening.
      Floyd has dare to be great Floyd in the past that's why he a hall a famer and have a good resume

we don't know if GGG will move up we only can hope we will

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Cuz his resume sucks and he fights no hopers and MWs? Souns like a legit reason to me.

On topic, I'm not sure when it became a crime to expect a world class boxer to challenge himself. Boxing fans are a weird bunch.
        168 is one of the ****tiest divisions in the sport right now, worse than 160, so I'm not sure how it would help his resume.

Surely it has something to do with him barely looking big enough for MW & boxingscene being mostly magical pharaohs.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Who are these 'people'? I've always seen posters on NSB and Golovkin's team talk about 154 for Floyd. 160 was never substantiated by anyone.

Did you see one or two trolls (Floyd haters) call him a coward say he should move up to 160, and extrapolated that to the rest of the population?
          some on this sight some on facebook some on dan Rafael chats you my have just past it off but I'm not talk about trolls/(Floyd haters) like Golovkin freedom or huge grant

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Being "the best" at any division is always relative & influx. Right now anyone who doesn't think GGG is the best guy at 160 I can't trust their opinion on boxing. You can for sure speculate & say that BJS can beat GGG (& I actually think he will) or Jacobs can beat GGG (& I even think he's got a punchers chance), but based on whats been done (not fantasy ****) I don't believe its a reasonable, knowledgable opinion to hold that GGG isn't the best 160lber at this moment in time.
            If we just let GGG collect all the belts and clean the MW division before moving up, no one can take that away from him. Haters will say now he should move up, and ten years from now say something along the lines of "I would've favored BJS over GGG" or "I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs would've beaten him" etc.

Let GGG accomplish what he wants at MW, and if you are true fan of the sport just enjoy the ride, if you wanna see him lose just wait patiently until it happens, but I don't believe a single a soul that says they think moving up for GGG now is in his best interest or better for his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
              If we just let GGG collect all the belts and clean the MW division before moving up, no one can take that away from him. Haters will say now he should move up, and ten years from now say something along the lines of "I would've favored BJS over GGG" or "I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs would've beaten him" etc.

Let GGG accomplish what he wants at MW, and if you are true fan of the sport just enjoy the ride, if you wanna see him lose just wait patiently until it happens, but I don't believe a single a soul that says they think moving up for GGG now is in his best interest or better for his legacy.
              Definitely & in particular on the bolded. There is nothing at 168 that makes all that much sense unless as has been mentioned GGG is just having trouble making 160 (which doesn't seem to be the case to me) or there is a ton of money to be made at 168 vs someone or just more money than at 160 (which I don't believe to be the case either).

At some point in the future when DeGale, Jack & Ramirez & anyone else who gets themselves on the shortlist of top guys at 168 figure out who the #1 guy is there then at that point 12, 18 or 24 months from now that could be a viable option for GGG, but as things stand its a dumb move.

Comment

Just bumping this so we have another GGG thread on the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I want to see him go up to 168 because he'll be able to kick ass and build a legit legacy. No one currently at 168 is knocking him out. Hardcore fans don't seem to have the same faith in Golovkin that I do.
                  I'd like to see some of those fights i guess, but let's get real. The guy is closing in on the end of his career...he's looking for paydays. Most fighters throughout history who moved up did so because they couldn't make weight anymore or to chase big money fights. Ggg at 34 is not going to suddenly grow into a smw and the money is at mw waiting for canelo unfortunately.

Comment

I thought they said 168 was easy? Fact... lol

Comment

I'd like to see him challenge himself. His fanboys don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X