Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact or Fiction: Fighters are only as good as their last fight (Cotto-related)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact or Fiction: Fighters are only as good as their last fight (Cotto-related)

After a sub-par performance by Cotto against Clottey, I see lot of threads saying Cotto has no shot against Pacquiao or Floyd.

My question is, is it fair to judge a fighter only based on his last fight?
    Yes
    10.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Maybe
    40.00%

who said his performance was sub par the man fought with one eye for the majority of the fight some people need to shut the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by boriqua2thebone View Post
      who said his performance was sub par the man fought with one eye for the majority of the fight some people need to shut the **** up
      CO sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Only the PRs talk about his eye. Clottey faught with 1 knee. The fight was level ground when he decided to bodyslam him.

The facts are. Cotto has not shine in his big fights. Margarito an A class fighter beat his ass. Clottey an A class fighter should have won the fight but NY was the venue so PRs won. Even against Mosley he didn't shine. He retreated the last leg of the fight and got the easy W. Enough being a fanboy, get real people.

It's not fair to judge him by his last fight but he never shines when he fights A class opponents. When he fights people out of their league, he KOs them in 5. When he fights his own level, he is becomes the counterfeit diamond.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Absolute fiction.

Over the years there have been countless examples of fighters who looked less than stellar in one fight, and then went on and looked amazing in their very next one.

Hopkins/Calzaghe is a nice example of both men looking ****ty, and then going on to dominant wins.

Mosley/Mayorga is one where the winner looked ****ty, was written off, and then came back to KTFO out of the opponet who was supposed to slay him.

Comment

Subpar performance??? are you kidding me??

I havent seen warrior spirit like that in years...

Comment

Working...
            X