Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So a cab driver beat Guerrero, what does that say about Thurman and DSGs best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peralta is P4P number 1 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Thurman beat the hell out of Guerrero at a time when Guerrero was still fighting reasonably well. I think the thrashing Thurman gave Guerrero helped to send Guerrero into a down hill path. Guerrero has been looking worse and worse in every fight since Thurman and he is pretty much washed up now. He wasn't washed up when Thurman beat him. Whoever said that Guerrero was the best win of both Garcia's and Thurman's careers must be pretty stupid on boxing matters. Thurman's best win is his win over Porter. Garcia's best win is his win over Matthysse. Their wins over Guerrero aren't even close to their best career wins.
      I resepct your answer but at the same time Thruamn fought Guerrero after Guerrero had like a year and a half lay off, Im not saying he wouldve won either way but it wouldve been more competitive at the least. Guerrero has a style that needs to be active, Haymon just made an $$$$ Guerrero couldnt refuse.

OK and you say Thurmans best win is Porter but you could also possibly say it was Julio Diaz best win even though it was a draw. Thats saying a lot. Mattysse may be Garcias best win but I would say Guerrero at that time wouldve gave Mattysse the business. Now a actual cab driver (wow to funny) beats Guerrero better or the same as Thurman and Garcia and now Guerrero falls down the rankings in the win column? Thats crazy. I respect a timing/decline reference but again Guerrero was beat by a cab driver. I was waiting for the j/k when I read the guy say he was a cab driver but it never happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Peralta is P4P number 1 IMO
        Im hearing rumors TBE is coming out of retirement and Peralta is on the top of Haymons list...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Im hearing rumors TBE is coming out of retirement and Peralta is on the top of Haymons list...
          Peralta by brutal KO

Comment

Doesn't say that much to me because I've always said that Guerrero is garbage. That he's a D-level fighter at WW. That he's practically immobile at the weight class and that he hasn't put forth a single dominant performance in his 7 fights as a WW. It's not like he's just been facing top guys. Throw out Mayweather, Garcia and Thurman and he looked like dog **** against the other 4 fighters as well.

So I wasn't surprised one bit that he lost to a 70-1 underdog, who was a cab driver. It was bound to happen.

Comment

They are NEITHER Fighters best win to be honest. For Thurman, Porter is his best win and for Danny Garcia i would say Khan, Peterson (Controversial Of Course), Lucas Matthysse are all better wins for him than beating Guerrero

Comment

Thurman best wins at WW Porter Chaves then Guerrero, Garcia best win at WW is Guerrero still a decent win tho

Comment

Honestly, I know parelt was a a cab driver but he would beat a lot of PBC fighters at 147 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Thurman put Guerrero down so did Peralta. DSG won a close decision so did Peralta. What does that say about the WW division? Do you think its overrated??
                    C'mon man.. Guerrero is not a yardstick to assess their performances.. Thurman beat Porter and that's a pretty good win.. Danny's best win at WW is Guerrero..
                    At WW there isnt a clear #1 and between Brook, Thurman, Bradley you can make a case for all these guys to be #1, Danny comes in top 5..

We all know these guys have to fight each other and soon.. You have Spence making his way into the mix which is another bonus for fans to see exciting fights..

Comment

The Garcia fight was Guerrero's last gasp. As boxing fans, we should already know that when is more important than who. Guerrero has been in plenty of wars and took way too many shots against Garcia. You couldn't expect him to look too hot from there on out.

Comment

Working...
                      X