I want to bulk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Addix knows.
    Thx man, I fell for that bulling bs, what a waste of time.

If you don't play football or your not a power lifter, you don't need to bulk.

Comment

I'm a fan of resistance training, particularly heavy lifting during the 14-16 age range. I was 5'2" around 100 lbs age 13-14 before I started lifting for competition weight lifting in high school.
      I think the release of testosterone stored in the legs, eating much more protein and the heavy lifting (along with puberty ofc) helped me hit a growth spurt. I grew about 6 inches and put on 40 lbs by the next year.

I think that muscle memory has really been the most beneficial thing the later I go in life. I've fallen out of lifting and working out at various stages, but when I start up again I get quick results in fat loss and building up strength again.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the "bulk" aspect, and instead try to build functional strength through compound lifts (bench press, back squat, clean and jerk). Eat fairly clean, train hard and you'll see results (particularly if you are just starting out lifting for the first time).

Comment

Really helpful reply, thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
          I'm a fan of resistance training, particularly heavy lifting during the 14-16 age range. I was 5'2" around 100 lbs age 13-14 before I started lifting for competition weight lifting in high school.
          I think the release of testosterone stored in the legs, eating much more protein and the heavy lifting (along with puberty ofc) helped me hit a growth spurt. I grew about 6 inches and put on 40 lbs by the next year.

I think that muscle memory has really been the most beneficial thing the later I go in life. I've fallen out of lifting and working out at various stages, but when I start up again I get quick results in fat loss and building up strength again.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the "bulk" aspect, and instead try to build functional strength through compound lifts (bench press, back squat, clean and jerk). Eat fairly clean, train hard and you'll see results (particularly if you are just starting out lifting for the first time).
          Totally agree with this. Get strong instead. I'm in my late twenties and I've only just started to put on real muscle mass – before I'd have to eat a **** load and then it'd just drop off super quick when I stopped training.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Thx man, I fell for that bulling bs, what a waste of time.

If you don't play football or your not a power lifter, you don't need to bulk.
            say it again for the people in the back!

Comment

Just eat plenty of protein and lift. Keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Just eat plenty of protein and lift. Keep it simple.
                And watch tapes of Taha.

Comment

Working...
                X