Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Roy Jones Jr top 10 GOAT (P4P)? How good was he?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Roy Jones Jr top 10 GOAT (P4P)? How good was he?

Crazy video of Roy Jones Jr's greatest knockouts and insane speed

He has an exciting unorthodox style, incredible speed and brutal knockout power.
    Also the first man to win the HW championship after starting at middleweight if I remember correctly?

Was he one of the top 10 best boxers of all time? Where would you rank him.

If he isn't one of the greatest boxers who ever lived, he was definitely one of the most exciting and fun to watch.

I personally rank Mayweather above him, but I would watch a Roy Jones highlights video any day over Mayweathers

The man is the reason I got into boxing, was unconventional, fast as you could get and had lightening in his fists.. an absolute beast and possibly one of the best fighters of all time. If he’s not in top 10 he’s gotta be in 15, and he’d definitely be in my top 10

Comment

His level of opposition never caught up with his talents.

Don't get me wrong, he has Hop, Toney, Hill (hated him), M Mc.

Overall, too many no hopers. When making unbiased lists, the resume has to be stacked.

Comment

Such a shame he never fought Dariusz Michalewski. That was the fight die hard boxing fans wanted to see at light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by mayweatherspace View Post
          Crazy video of Roy Jones Jr's greatest knockouts and insane speed

He has an exciting unorthodox style, incredible speed and brutal knockout power.
          Also the first man to win the HW championship after starting at middleweight if I remember correctly?

Was he one of the top 10 best boxers of all time? Where would you rank him.

If he isn't one of the greatest boxers who ever lived, he was definitely one of the most exciting and fun to watch.

I personally rank Mayweather above him, but I would watch a Roy Jones highlights video any day over Mayweathers
          I don't have a list of the greatest pfp boxers of all time. Jones didn't stay on top as long as Mayweather and he can't equal Mayweather's career because he lost too many times while Mayweather never lost even at a fairly old age. I thought the prime Roy Jones was about as good a fighter as I have ever seen and I think his best was better than Mayweather's best, I would rank the prime Jones very high among the all time greats. I have no greatest pfp of all time list but if I made one up Jones might be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBox View Post
            Such a shame he never fought Dariusz Michalewski. That was the fight die hard boxing fans wanted to see at light heavyweight.
            At the time - yes, it was a fight public wanted to settle the things. But in the hindsight - Dariusz was beaten by JC Gonzalez, who earlier was beaten by RJJ fairly easily. RJJ was a special talent, who was making very good fighters look like scrubs.

Comment

He might have been a top 10-20 TALENT, but certainly far from that in terms of resume.

Comment

Working...
              X