No announcement yet.

Spike TV said they weren't happy with the quality of PBC cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Some of those 2015 fights were among the best of that year. Went downhill in 2016 pretty quickly though
    Yea pretty much what I'm seeing. Some of those 2016 cards give me are making me cringe a lil. The fact the deal ended with Lara vs Foreman says a ton. And Lara is my guy, but I understand most people f#cking hate him & even some reasonable cats are like f#ck that guy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Easter-Commey sucked?
      Huck-Glowacki sucked?
      Stevenson-Williams sucked?
      Guerrero-Peralta sucked?
      They don't think enough around here...just type

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        I don't think they expected those types of cards. But if your a network and a company is feeding you Lara vs Foreman there's no way that will last long termZ
        That was a terrible card. But the good cards outweighed the bad cards. I'm trying to think of cards that were on NBCSN or FS1 that Spike would've been happy with. I think Spike got the best of the cable TV cards

Comment

Only like 2 or 3 of those weren't good. Those are damn good for spike tv. They can't expec cbs level fights

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Other programming like what??

Cops reruns??
            If ******s like to watch it then let them. It's what Spike is good for anyway.

Comment

Easter-Commey sucked?
              Huck-Glowacki sucked?
              Stevenson-Williams sucked?
              Guerrero-Peralta sucked?
              haha no actually those didn't suck (I don't think I saw stevenson-williams tho). Even so, that's a small percentage of quality in 2 years, adding in the fact that Guerrero-Peralta was a mismatch on paper. Your list of good fights is small against all the cards they had.

It was quite mostly ****, there's not sugarcoating it by pointing out a fight here and there.

That being said, I'm disappointed they cancelled. Some good fights are better than none at all.
              Last edited by SCEN3RY; 04-13-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

That was a terrible card. But the good cards outweighed the bad cards. I'm trying to think of cards that were on NBCSN or FS1 that Spike would've been happy with. I think Spike got the best of the cable TV cards

I think PBCs mistake is scattering fighters on various networks. They should have had a group of fighter strictly for Spike to build them up on that network
                and develop a fanbase. That way the fans will know when and where to find the fighters next fight.

The best way to get people to watch boxing is to attach them to one fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Other programming like what??

Cops reruns??
                  Probably Bellator. Viacom owns Spike & Bellator. Bellator is making moves on the UFC as of late. They got there first PPV in a couple years iirc coming up in 2 months. They can throw shoulder programming to further hype Bellator & this PPV & future PPV in these slots potentially.

Or other **** I don't even know about, but my point is Viacom is in the MMA business more than the boxing business so they probably want more bang for their buck then PBC was providing if not hoping that bringing some boxing to Spike could convert some boxing fans to MMA fans too maybe.

Comment

The PBC on Spike cards where my favorite. Sucks to see it go.

Comment

I voted a 3. Some cards had some amazing fights and some were dull. It is like any other promotion. I found the earlier ones better quality

Comment

Working...
                      X