Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavlik Threatening to pull out of Saturdays fight due to dispute with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik Threatening to pull out of Saturdays fight due to dispute with Top Rank

Kelly Pavlik has threatened to pull out of Saturday's fight against Darryl Cunningham over the offer he received to face IBF super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute in his next fight, RingTV.com has learned.

A source familiar with the negotiations said Pavlik (36-2, 32 knockouts) is upset because he has been offered far less by his promotion frim, Top Rank, than Mikkel Kessler was offered to face Bute. Kessler turned down the offer.

"Kelly had heard that Kessler was being offered something like $3.5 million, and that he turned that down. So Kelly wasn't really happy with the $1.1 million that Top Rank was offering him," the source said on Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"So I would say that right now, I don't think that (Saturday's) fight's going to happen. Unless, of course, Top Rank comes back with something (better)."

Pavlik, the former middleweight champion, pulled out of a fight with Paul Williams last year because of a staph infection in his hand.

"This had nothing to do with an injury," the source said.

Showtime is scheduled to televise the Pavlik-Cunningham fight.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors...-wekends-show-

After all his inactivity and problems, Pavlik is in no position to be demanding a huge payday for the fight with Bute.

He'd be VERY foolish to pull out of the fight with Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      After all his inactivity and problems, Pavlik is in no position to be demanding a huge payday for the fight with Bute.

This is what I was thinking. Top Rank should call Pavliks bluff. If he doesn't fight oh well who cares.

Comment

this guy does not care about his fans, this is in Ohio and he will pull out leaving all those people who brought tickets on the side lines, he could still go thorough with this fight and negotiate the bute fight afterwards, providing he wins.......

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post

"Kelly had heard that Kessler was being offered something like $3.5 million, and that he turned that down. So Kelly wasn't really happy with the $1.1 million that Top Rank was offering him," the source said on Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

]
          Kelly Pavlik is not a draw outside of Y-town nowadays.

It galls me that he thinks he is.

Comment

he is lucky they even gave him a chance to fight on tv he shouldnt be crying about the money he is geting

Comment

Pavlik proving boxing is a business, yet what has Pavlik done lately to complain about money?

Comment

Pavlik being a drama queen.

Comment

Talk about being ungratefull you idiot. You have done nothing in last few years but still get a chance to MAKE OVER 1M. Worry about your own money, not other peoples, so what if Kessler got offered 3.5m? What if he got offered 500k would you complain that you should get 500k too?

In my eyes having 1m is better than having 0m. 1m will buy you alot of beers Pavlik. Your last real win was against JT in 2008, since then you have only lost or fought nobodies. You are in no position to bargain or extort.

I hope they call your bluff and not only will you not get paid for this weeks fight, you wont get a shot at BUTE. So you will go from having 1m + this weeks purse to having 0,000,00,0000000$ ZERO ZERO ZERO

I really liked you Pavlik but you are showing how really Whitetrash you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

co-sign 100%!

This would be a very bad move by Kelly if he pulls out so soon before a scheduled fight, he would look like a real ******* and pretty much the opposite of what he was sold to be (just you're average working class man from a working class city).

Comment

Working...
                    X