No announcement yet.

Ask a Chicano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    What's a Mexican stereotype you agree with and are actually proud of?

What's a stereotype that you hate?
    That we are hard working, humble people.

That we are dirty or lazy.

Comment

• 1. Growing up in the States and then living in Mexico, was it difficult adjusting?

2. Is true that you have to throw your used toilet paper in the trash and not the toilet not only in Mexico but all Latin countries(actually in some parts of Asia too)?

I went to the Ph and its the same routine there cant flush tp cause the sewage system there cannot biologically break down the paper.

When I move out the country, a bidet is mandatory for me cause ya boy be having them dingle berries on deck.

3. What's the black market in Mexico or any other Latin countries you visited like? Are their fake/real electronics cheap and reliable?

I bought some counterfeit Beats by Dre Headphones Studio (30$) in PH and compared them to the real ones when I got home and I was amazed on how their counterfeits are miles ahead of ours. Wish I bought more.

Comment

• Originally posted by killacash View Post
        1. Growing up in the States and then living in Mexico, was it difficult adjusting?

2. Is true that you have to throw your used toilet paper in the trash and not the toilet not only in Mexico but all Latin countries(actually in some parts of Asia too)?

I went to the Ph and its the same routine there cant flush tp cause the sewage system there cannot biologically break down the paper.

When I move out the country, a bidet is mandatory for me cause ya boy be having them dingle berries on deck.

3. What's the black market in Mexico or any other Latin countries you visited like? Are their fake/real electronics cheap and reliable?

I bought some counterfeit Beats by Dre Headphones Studio (30$) in PH and compared them to the real ones when I got home and I was amazed on how their counterfeits are miles ahead of ours. Wish I bought more.
        My homie from mexico tried that sht at my house i made him pick his sht paper out and flush it plain ass disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          My homie from mexico tried that sht at my house i made him pick his sht paper out and flush it plain ass disgusting.
          Lol, you can't get mad at him for that cause when he crossed that border there isn't any brochures or guides that tell em to flush the toilet paper so he probably assumed that's just how "shit" is. Hell, I flushed my tp when I was in the PH, no one told me I couldn't do that until I got back lol, luckily it didn't clog up. But I feel you aint trying to see some paper filled with galaxy nuggets in the trash

Comment

• Originally posted by killacash View Post
            1. Growing up in the States and then living in Mexico, was it difficult adjusting?

It was hard adjusting at first because I was real young but after a while you get used to is like anything else. The toughest thing to adjust to was how much harder life is in Mexico just for the average everyday person. We don't know what poverty is, we have no clue what real ghetto's look like. It's sad man, real sad but at the same time the people are more down to earth and more "real" if that makes any sense.

I always flushed my TP so I never heard of what you are talking about to be honest.

There's a lot of black markets in Mexico, there's a famous one in an area called Tepito. You can get anything you want there and you really shouldn't be there after dark if you don't live there.

All kinds of cheap goods and a bunch of illegal ****.

Comment

• WTF are ya'll talking about flushing TP?

I'm in Canada and I lived in 3 different places. Well two of the houses if you were on the 2nd floor you had to throw the TP in a bin because there was not enough water pressure to flush the paper without clogging up the toilet.

First floor and basement are fine.

Same in the condo I lived for 18months. Had to throw my TP in a big because it just wouldn't flush...

It has nothing to do with countries or sewage systems...It has ALL to do with toilets. lol

If you are having this problem, open up the water reservoir and adjust the floatation bubble to allow for more water to accumulate in the tank.
              Last edited by Banderivets; 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

What's a Mexican stereotype you agree with and are actually proud of?

What's a stereotype that you hate?
                I like that Mexicans are considered hard workers. I think we are the hardest workers in the world to be honest with you.

The stereotype I hate is that we are dirty, or lazy. I don't know where that came from, I mean of course there are some filthy parts of Mexico but that has more to do with poverty than anything else. Lazy though, I never got that one, I never met a lazy Mexican to be honest, unless he/she was already Americanized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  I like that Mexicans are considered hard workers. I think we are the hardest workers in the world to be honest with you.

The stereotype I hate is that we are dirty, or lazy. I don't know where that came from, I mean of course there are some filthy parts of Mexico but that has more to do with poverty than anything else. Lazy though, I never got that one, I never met a lazy Mexican to be honest, unless he/she was already Americanized.
                  The lazy stereotype is the one that is the most puzzling to me. Everywhere I look I see Mexicans doing the most difficult jobs.

Ok, another question: Can you explain why so many names? I got homies with like 4-5 names i.e Juan Diego Gonzalez-Gomez.

Comment

The lazy stereotype is the one that is the most puzzling to me. Everywhere I look I see Mexicans doing the most difficult jobs.

Ok, another question: Can you explain why so many names? I got homies with like 4-5 names i.e Juan Diego Gonzalez-Gomez.
                    In most Latin American countries you keep the name from your father and mother's side. It's a way of showing your family tree in just your name.

I carry my fathers last name and from my mothers side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Skip is the biggest troll that the good lord ever wrought upon this Earth.

But I mean it in a respectful way.
                      Skip is such a fawkin clown. Just yesterday he said Shanahan should get less than zero blame because RG3 played pretty well in the two games before the playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                      X