No announcement yet.

Stop making excuses it's embarrassing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty weak. It was the exact same Kell Brook thay faded in the first Jones fight, he had just been feasting on B level guys and it made some of his fans delusional.

He's a good fighter but lost to a better one, period.
    C level lad. Shawn Porter was really the only live body he fought. Minus the Golovkin massacre.

Spence is better than we though, totally proved himself.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      Hey, I pretty much predicted the beatdown.

But, I had no idea Brook was going to test Spence so thoroughly.

and make no mistake, halfway thru it was an even fight with it looking very much like it might be Kell's night.

I always liked Brook.

But, I thought he was a bit hyped.

Now, I know he is for real and if he stays at 147, I don't see any other welter beating him.
      Brook put up a great fight but no way he was winning on the cards....plus I don't think he beats Thurman & would of loved to see him with Garcia but it's time he evaluates his health & think about retirement. Though if he is going to fight let it be 1 more only & it must be against khan....brook should win that one make some good $ then leave the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
        Stop being fanboys and say it as it is. Spence was the better man on the night and deserved the win.

Also Kell probably could have fought on, but he lives to fight another day. I'm a massive fan but there's no need to keep making excuses. That's the best he's looked making the weight in a long time. Would have liked to see what would have happened if the eye wouldn't have gone but that's all 'what ifs' and Spence got a good win against a big strong welterweight and showed his class.

Also Spence has made a fan out of me, wish the kid every success, he's a nice lad.
        GGG ruined Brook's career. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that has issues.

Comment

Brook has lost immense standing in the game, even more than just a belt. He fought well, but he seems to be a bit of a front runner like his countryman Amir. Got out fast v jones, ggg, porter and Spence faded in each.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            GGG ruined Brook's career. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that has issues.
            Ruined it how? It was his other eye that went. Obviously the bone around his eyes are brittle

Comment

Yeah it is a lot of this going on right now!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Brook put up a great fight but no way he was winning on the cards....plus I don't think he beats Thurman & would of loved to see him with Garcia but it's time he evaluates his health & think about retirement. Though if he is going to fight let it be 1 more only & it must be against khan....brook should win that one make some good $ then leave the game.
                Yeah, that might be the move, Khan and then ride off into the sunset.

Shame he didn't fight more of the other welters.

I get the feeling he would have done just fine.

Comment

-There were no true Brook fans (except for LacedUp) a year ago.
                  -Golovkin fans 'mysteriously' became Brook fans.
                  -A bunch of people who don't like Spence suddenly became Brook fans.

We listened to how Brook was too good for him and over 50% of the people here choose Brook to win. Now, Brook was somehow trash all along. Golovkin gets all the credit. And when that fails, "But Spence won't get past ____".

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    -There were no true Brook fans (except for LacedUp) a year ago.
                    -Golovkin fans 'mysteriously' became Brook fans.
                    -A bunch of people who don't like Spence suddenly became Brook fans.

We listened to how Brook was too good for him and over 50% of the people here choose Brook to win. Now, Brook was somehow trash all along. Golovkin gets all the credit. And when that fails, "But Spence won't get past ____".
                    Seen as though I've been to Brooks last 10 or so fights I'd say I'm a true fan. And my avatar has been the same since I joined. Im just not going to make excuses, that would be pathetic.

Comment

Brook definitely had his share of moments, but overall it was clear as day that Spence was really in control from the start to by the time the fight ended.

It was like a basketball team who was up by 10 for the majority of the game with the other team making occasional runs to make it interesting -- but never really truly threatening to come away with the lead.

Brook's a really nice fighter; I think he resides somewhere within the realm of a B+ level guy, which is nothing to sneeze at, but I think we all found out this past Saturday that Spence is squarely A level material.

He's going to be a tough, TOUGH out for a long ass time, folks. Get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X