No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Weighs in at 146 ; Errol Spence Comes in at 146

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Spence looked a little taken aback by Brook at the weigh in. Almost like he was surprised at how good of shape Brook is in.

You can tell Brook sensed it after they finished the staredown.

Both guys are ripped and cut to shreds. They both look more than ready to go. This should be good.

Brook won that staredown though. Lol
    I still fully believe Spence and his team thought this was a perfect 'timing' fight.

Brook coming off his only loss, recovering from an injury and everyone expecting him to struggle to make weight.

I think they miscalculated.

Comment

Brook is one mean looking mofo when he is in the zone. I'm expecting big things from him.

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;17704212]
        Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        Huh?? Why?? >>>>>> he'd be stripped and that is his whole reason for taking this fight - to hold on to his title.[/Q
        So if Jacobs would have won would he have been stripped ?
        Well he was the challenger. By not attending the weigh-in he didn't get to fight for the ibf title - but in his case he could have won the wba/wbc/ibo titles still.

If Golovkin hadn't successfully weighed in then the title would have become vacant. That is my understanding.

Brook only has the ibf title so if he loses it he would have to start all over again. If he had no intention of defending it he could have just given it up to fight at 154 or hope to get the khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Who ya supporting pal?
          I can't really say I'm supporting one over the other cause I have reasons to like both guys... Brook is one of the UK fighters I really like but sadly I think his welterweight reign has largely been wasted and the GGG fight could ultimately be the turning point of his career in the wrong way (yes it gave him exposure but at what cost if he loses in convincing fashion tomorrow). I'm not a fan of Spence per say but I really like his attitude and demeanour, I think him winning is probably better for the division as the unification with Thurman will be very easy to put together (its a big fight stateside) and Haymon has most of the best guys at 147 so the best fights will be easier to make. He has substantial hype and praise so if he's indeed The Truth then it can only be good for boxing.

My pick is Spence by tough decision but as I like both guys I just hope that whatever the outcome of the fight is that the NSB trolls have minimal material to work with.

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;17704212]
            Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Huh?? Why?? >>>>>> he'd be stripped and that is his whole reason for taking this fight - to hold on to his title.[/Q
            So if Jacobs would have won would he have been stripped ?
            He can't be stripped of his WBA because it don't have a 10lbs + restriction. He wouldn't qualify for the IBF win or lose because he didn't do the next day weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              I can't really say I'm supporting one over the other cause I have reasons to like both guys... Brook is one of the UK fighters I really like but sadly I think his welterweight reign has largely been wasted and the GGG fight could ultimately be the turning point of his career in the wrong way (yes it gave him exposure but at what cost if he loses in convincing fashion tomorrow). I'm not a fan of Spence per say but I really like his attitude and demeanour, I think him winning is probably better for the division as the unification with Thurman will be very easy to put together (its a big fight stateside) and Haymon has most of the best guys at 147 so the best fights will be easier to make. He has substantial hype and praise so if he's indeed The Truth then it can only be good for boxing.

My pick is Spence by tough decision but as I like both guys I just hope that whatever the outcome of the fight is that the NSB trolls have minimal material to work with.
              I like both guys, but I'll be supporting Kell for sure, gotta go with the UK guy in a 50/50 rivalry fight like this. I am picking Spence to win though, by late stoppage.

The trolls will have content regardless of the outcome.

I meant who you're supporting in the FA Cup final btw

Comment

That's a big relief. Let's do this.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  I like both guys, but I'll be supporting Kell for sure, gotta go with the UK guy in a 50/50 rivalry fight like this. I am picking Spence to win though, by late stoppage.

The trolls will have content regardless of the outcome.

I meant who you're supporting in the FA Cup final btw
                  Ohhh lool.... erm I actually hate both teams as I support Man Utd.

I'm behind Arsenal as Chelsea have had too much fun this season and it would give me great pleasure to see their fans shed some end of season tears.

Comment

Kelly brooks looked drained and pissed like a fat girl on a fast..... Man down....

Comment

I'm all Red Devils since I was a wee lady, but if I had 3 choose I say Chelsea takes it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X