Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people overuse the word robbery in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Exposed and robbery, two words I've started hating as they are used a bit too much
    "Amateur style" is also overused.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      what i find hysterical is that people are talking about the golovkin fight as a robbery [that fight was close,] and they're ignoring the real robbery of the evening, the chocolatito robbery. that was one of the more significant robberies in boxing in the last decade. gonzalez was p4p on a lot of lists, and i thought he was handily winning that fight. thai was tough, but he was missing or landing on gloves or when gonzalez was rolling. gonzales landed much cleaner, harder punches in most of the rounds. that knockdown, while you have to call what the referee called at the time, was from a clash of heads. i think that "set the tone" for the judging of the fight, and gave more credit to the power of the thai than he deserved. judges were giving him rounds based on their perception of his power, which was warped because of a kncokdown that was really a massive head clash.

thai also lost a pt for headbutts, meaning that he loses the extra pt for the round he won via knockdown. that was a robbery.
      Aye. Re-watched it recently and it was pretty bad. Really threw a wrench in the works.

Comment

Also calling top fighters bums after a loss or a close decision is a joke haha, these boys have never stepped in the ring in their life yet make these ridiculous comments.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          on NSB, when your preferred fighter loses or comes off worse in a very close contest/decision...

It's a robbery.
          What I be thinking

Comment

Only when a fight isnt close and there's a clear winner. Some people like to use the term if their preferred/hated fighter loses/wins. It's pretty pathetic people calling the Kovalev and GGG fights a robbery, both were close. Even the Chocolatito wasn't a robbery (though I believe that was the most controversial fight of the 3 mentioned)

Comment

well when evey single fight is a robbery what should we say?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                Only when a fight isnt close and there's a clear winner. Some people like to use the term if their preferred/hated fighter loses/wins. It's pretty pathetic people calling the Kovalev and GGG fights a robbery, both were close. Even the Chocolatito wasn't a robbery (though I believe that was the most controversial fight of the 3 mentioned)
                judges gave round 10 to ward so he could win. thats a robbery when the judges "mess up" or "mess up" on purpose. they didnt let kovalev win and they werent going to under any circumstances since that was a dominant round. he had to kill ward to win.

Comment

Yeah I'd say robbery is generally overused.

Comment

robbery, exposed, hypejob !!!

well but good news is sanctioning body already ordered rematch between chocolito and thai dude

Comment

Working...
                    X