Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Not Happy With Selection of Officials for Ward-Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the Press is ticked off because he can't control Nevada... boxing there is a controlled Society but I agree with what he said... I need to start bringing in judges and referees from other states & countries...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      "How can a champion to go to another country and box with four officials, who hail from the country of the boxer who is the challenger?

Am I missing something? Kovalev has fought most of his career in America. He's based in America. He's fought in Vegas more times than Ward. He has an agreement with MGM. Kovalev is an American fighter like GGG. And the WBC had nothing to do with this fight......

True......

Comment

Originally posted by bocajarro1 View Post
        Lol at Ward fans trying to convince themselves (and others) of this not being a home cooking set-up. The guy barely speak english...
        Duva is **** promoter and its her foult ,Kovalev should move to TR or uncle Al

Comment

Originally posted by H.B.Viper View Post
          Well said well written I like the way you. Capture the moment. It seems like not only myself but a lot of others have in the media as well as fellow boxers are disgusted with that decision. I also like the way you summed up the fact that the Ward Camp as well as his followers arrogant in the fact that they were Unapologetic about this victory. Kovalev was the superior boxer. Ward turned it into a street fight not a boxing match.
          If Kovalev was the superior boxer, why was he reduced to grabbing Ward everytime Andre got close to him? A superior boxer would have timed Ward, and stepped around him with a check hook. Especially when Ward didn't work his way in behind his jab. If Kovalev was the superior boxer, why didn't he cut the ring off when Ward was circling to his jab? Instead of following Ward around the ring running his face into one stiff jab after another. Kovalev definitely impressed me with his ability to box, and even at times outbox Ward on the outside. But to say he was the superior boxer is about as ignorant as claiming Sergey was robbed. I'm sure you feel both took place.
          Last edited by hitking; 11-26-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            If anything, Byrd helped Kovalev. Kovalev had no interest in fighting Ward on the inside. And basically grabbed him whenever Andre got close to him. Early in the fight, Ward couldn't do anything about it because Kovalev was so much stronger. But as Kovalev faded down the stretch and Byrd let them work outta clinches a lil more, Ward got the better of it. Kovalev easily could have been penalized for excessive holding. I'm curious to see how the rematch plays out if he's not allowed to simply grab Ward and haa to fight when Ward gets inside his jab.
            This is a fair assessment. I also think Kovalev got tired quicker BECAUSE of the wrestling. So in a way his tactic, while negating Ward's inside game for the most part during the first half, backfired later. He's going to have to use another strategy to keep Ward at range or step up his in-fighting, which I think would be harder to accomplish for a rematch (provided it's not held in 2018). Ironically it'll be Ward's team who may be reminding the next referee about clinching by the Russian.

As far as Kovalev's headlocks, that's the result of Ward coming in head low and forward. So long as he does that, Kovalev will deflect it downward to reduce the risk of being on the wrong end of an "accidental" head butt.

Comment

If Foreign fighters get robbed in US in larger numbers than the US fighters, then something is corrupted in the US boxing system.
              Kovalev and Perez both were robbed on the same day and I would like to see those judges who favored the US boxers punished harshly. ... banned for life from judging.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                "How can a champion to go to another country and box with four officials, who hail from the country of the boxer who is the challenger?

Am I missing something? Kovalev has fought most of his career in America. He's based in America. He's fought in Vegas more times than Ward. He has an agreement with MGM. Kovalev is an American fighter like GGG. And the WBC had nothing to do with this fight......
                pretty much........

Comment

based in the USA, but needs " home " judges

also, Duva selected at least 1 of those officials.....

crying about the officials will not help Kovalev in the rematch, anymore than it will help his fans come to terms with that loss

Comment

Working...
                  X