No announcement yet.

Agree or disagree: More ATGs were "Boxer/Punchers" than any other style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree or disagree: More ATGs were "Boxer/Punchers" than any other style

Experts seem to agree that there is no "best" style, and that the "best" style for a fighter is what's best for him specifically.

However... if you assembled all the ATGs in history (say, the top 100 P4P), would a plurality, if not a majority, of them be considered Boxer/Punchers?
    Agree
    27.78%
    Disagree
    0.00%
    Antonio Margarito is a black version of Tommy Hearns
    72.22%

I've never compiled a list before but, I would agree that it is a tremendously reliable style that has no real weaknesses and probably the most preferred among everyone.

I think if you compiled the total styles list ever in history, most would be boxer-punchers and that percentage would relate closely to the percentage of boxer punches in the Top 100.

Comment

Gonna have to go with option #3

Comment

that Hearns/Margarito quote is among the funniest i've read on this site. Solid troll.

Comment

I think they're mostly boxer punchers. But height is a big factor and it's rarer to find tall fighters than boxer punchers.

Margarito is definitely blacker than Thomas Hearns.

Comment

Boxer/puncher doesn't mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Boxer/puncher doesn't mean anything
              I agree with this.

You could label both Ray Robinson and Joe Louis and label them "box punchers" but they are very very different. If you don't like those two, pick another two...you can pick two fighters that fit the description that are very very different without to much difficulty.

Box/puncher works alongside boxer and puncher to denote very vaguely what each one will try to do in the fight and doesn't belong to the same argument as pure boxer/stalker/swarmer etc. So in a sense the TS might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                that Hearns/Margarito quote is among the funniest i've read on this site. Solid troll.
                He was joking when he posted that.

Comment

Probably it is the best as it can adjust to opponents out outpoint aggressors. I'd consider Sugar Ray the ATGest ever a boxer/puncher.

Definitely a gifted style when people master it like Robinson their almost impossible to beat

Comment

LOL @ Option # 3.

Reminds me of the African dude that had the nickname ''Black Roy Jones, Jr.''....

...I was like, care to step into the light a little, Roy?...

Comment

Working...
                    X