Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you knew someone could not pay you back what they owe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RwK View Post
    Good way to word that.

Not to mention I'd never "lend" something that was huge........like it would break me or really bother me. Like someone asking to borrow my ride for a month, borrow my jewelry (my one boy), or a really large sum of money.
    Nor would I. The only people who could get a large sum of money from me are my parents or brother, though they would never ask.

If someone wants to borrow money, iI want to know why, if they can't tell me, I can't 'loan' it. I'm not being a b1tch, but I have two children to take care of and money doesn't grow on trees.

If it's anything under $50 I write it off completely and just say here.

Comment

I had some ass borrow $10 that was never paid back and that pissed me off. Never letting anyone but family borrow money from me.

Comment

If I give things away, I don't expect it back.

If I loan someone something, I expect it back.

So, it depends on the context. If I knew person can't pay me back 1k, then I wouldn't be giving them 1k in the first place.

Comment

I know this guy from back in my homeland. He was married and working overseas to make ends meet. Well, the wife back home needed money and borrowed from a lender. She can't pay it back. the husband does not know that the wife owes money to someone. So thw wife pays back the lender with sex. The husband arrived home for a vacation then a few weeks later, she said she was pregnant. A few months down the road, she confessed to the husband that he is not the father.

Comment

how much will $1K affect you if you don't get it back?

how much will it affect her and the kid if they are forced to cough it up right now?

i mean, does she even have the money?

the fact that you lent her the money means you care and if her situation is still the same as before then she needs the money now as much as she needed it then.

the only difference is it's a few weeks later and she didn't bother calling you to say she can't pay you back or yet.

she's probably embarrassed to call because she can't tell you what you want to hear.

some ppl just act inappropriately in this situation because they just don't know any better.

personally, i'd call her, bring the issue up, and if she tells you she can't pay, given she really can't then i won't give her another time frame to pay.

just tell her to pay you as soon as she can then promptly forget about it and chalk it up as a monetary loss.

you sound like a decent fella who cares about other ppl so i'm certain that in the end you will come up with the win one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
              how much will $1K affect you if you don't get it back?

how much will it affect her and the kid if they are forced to cough it up right now?

i mean, does she even have the money?

the fact that you lent her the money means you care and if her situation is still the same as before then she needs the money now as much as she needed it then.

the only difference is it's a few weeks later and she didn't bother calling you to say she can't pay you back or yet.

she's probably embarrassed to call because she can't tell you what you want to hear.

some ppl just act inappropriately in this situation because they just don't know any better.

personally, i'd call her, bring the issue up, and if she tells you she can't pay, given she really can't then i won't give her another time frame to pay.

just tell her to pay you as soon as she can then promptly forget about it and chalk it up as a monetary loss.

you sound like a decent fella who cares about other ppl so i'm certain that in the end you will come up with the win one way or another.
              Your right.. already texted her right now and said not to worry. 1k will not really hurt me and tryin to collect given her situation just makes me feel like *****. Yep i will chalk it up as a loss. Told her not to be a stranger nor ashamed to say wassup as I have been in her shoes before. 1k is a pretty good seat at a boxing event though..
              Last edited by Alibata; 02-25-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                Your right.. already texted her right now and said not to worry. 1k will not really hurt me and tryin to collect given her situation just makes me feel like *****. Yep i will chalk it up as a loss. Told her not to be a stranger nor ashamed to say wassup as I have been in her shoes before. 1k is a pretty good seat at a boxing event though..
                i have a ton of respect for ppl like yourself.

just wish we had more.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                  i have a ton of respect for ppl like yourself.

just wish we had more.

They say the greatest joy a person receives is when they are helping others.

TS did a good thing. If he gets it back, it's serendipity.

Comment

i lent a £1000 to my sister when she was traveling, i was working at the time and living at home so i didnt need it, i knew i wouldnt see a penny of it for over a year, when she got home and got some work she paid me back over a period of a year. There was never any drama, i knew she was gonna give it back to me eventually.

£1000 is £20 a week for a year, which is basically **** all. If your prepared to write it of completley, u can be prepared to wait a year to see it again. Just get her to set up a standing order with the bank. U might wanna open up a new bank account though, cos you'll end up spending that money without realising it if its in the account u use all the time. If u open up a new one, at the end of the year there'll be a grand there for u to blow on whatever u want. Who knows, 12 months from now May and Pac might finally fight each other, there's a trip to vegas sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Hell no, go get your money back. If she cant pay back in full, then set up a payment plan.

You gave her a clean loan without 1 cent of interest on it. She could have gone to a pawn shop or loan shark and gotten her money that way and paid back twice when she borrowed. But no, she "borrowed" the money from you.

Its nice that she has a child that you know but you cant let people walk over you like that. Go get your money back

I dont loan money to anybody without collateral against it. Especially chicks

Comment

Working...
                      X