• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kosei Tanaka Named "Super" Champion By WBO

[Click Here To Read More]

WOOHOO more titles, fk yeeeeeee

Comment

Long story cut short - they're not creating a WBO 'regular' title, this just means he can demand immediate shot at 115lbs WBO champion, Ioka Kazuto.

Really hoping to see Tanaka fight Mthalane and JC Martinez before moving up to 115!

Comment

Man I didn't even know the WBO did this. Upon brief reading it sounds similar to the WBC franchise belt almost? Or sounds like their inspiration for it anyway at least

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Donovan
          The 24-year old Tanaka is already the co-owner of the quickest path to three divisional records, having done so with a 12-round win over countryman Sho Kimura in the 2018 Fight of the Year which also netted him the flyweight belt.

With the feat, Tanaka tied the record for male boxers established by Vasiliy Lomachenko
          Its important to note that Kosei Tanaka did not take a loss or had his promoter ( Bob Arum ) influence the WBO to unjustly contest for a vacant World Boxing Organisation Title ( WBO World Feather Title ) , that Orlandoe Salido left behind, after whooping Bumchenko in his second pro fight -- how do you qualify for a title opportunity with only ONE win and loss on your record?!

I consider Kosei the first legitimate boxer of the modern era to win three weight titles, faster than anyone else.

A shame that boxingscene and the rest of the boxing media will be forced to acknowledge Kosei as a P4P boxer moving up 4 weights, after this kid has already made history, by challenging another great Japanese fighter that has ALSO made a mark in the history books. Obviously I'm referring to The current WBO 115-pound titlist Kazuto Ioka, who is the only-ever male boxer from Japan to win titles in four weight divisions.

You got overrated scrubs like Josh Taylor and Errol Spence jr. being honored by this platform, whilst a legit HOF in Kosei Tanaka being ignored, 'Step your game up!' they say
          Last edited by 1hourRun; 01-13-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
            Man I didn't even know the WBO did this. Upon brief reading it sounds similar to the WBC franchise belt almost? Or sounds like their inspiration for it anyway at least
            Calling it now: Crawford to be named WBO 'Super' Champion in 2020.

Comment

I groaned when I read the headline, thinking the WBO was adding a "super" title that was equivalent to WBA super (meaning another fighter could hold the "regular" belt).
              But according to the article it just grants Tanaka immediate mandatory status when he moves up. Nothing wrong with this IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Calling it now: Crawford to be named WBO 'Super' Champion in 2020.
                He's already super champion.

https://www.wboboxing.com/news/boxin...ted-amir-kahn/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
                  Well that's funny, because...

Originally posted by CocoonOfHorror View Post
                  it just grants Tanaka immediate mandatory status when he moves up.
                  So then why didn't Crawford move up and take a freebie with Munguia?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Its important to note that Kosei Tanaka did not take a loss or had his promoter ( Bob Arum ) influence the WBO to unjustly contest for a vacant World Boxing Organisation Title ( WBO World Feather Title ) , that Orlandoe Salido left behind, after whooping Bumchenko in his second pro fight -- how do you qualify for a title opportunity with only ONE win and loss on your record?!

I consider Kosei the first legitimate boxer of the modern era to win three weight titles, faster than anyone else.

A shame that boxingscene and the rest of the boxing media will be forced to acknowledge Kosei as a P4P boxer moving up 4 weights, after this kid has already made history, by challenging another great Japanese fighter that has ALSO made a mark in the history books. Obviously I'm referring to The current WBO 115-pound titlist Kazuto Ioka, who is the only-ever male boxer from Japan to win titles in four weight divisions.

You got overrated scrubs like Josh Taylor and Errol Spence jr. being honored by this platform, whilst a legit HOF in Kosei Tanaka being ignored, 'Step your game up!' they say
                    Tanaka is a great talent, no doubt. He has a few decent wins but his best win is Taguchi in what turned out to be his final fight. He's definitely a p4p fighter, if he beats Martinez and Mthalane he'd have some resume at only 24/25!

Comment

Working...
                    X