Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed Ruiz/Joshua 2? Here's what happened, in one small clip from the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Ruiz/Joshua 2? Here's what happened, in one small clip from the fight.

All you need to know - because this right here, this moment in the final seconds of the fight, tells the exact story of what happened all 12.

I feel like a lot of people on here don't even appreciate boxing.

If you are moving around the ring, but throwing more and landing more than your opponent, that is called boxing (very well).

If you are moving around the ring, and throwing/landing about the same as your opponent, that is called boxing.

If you are moving around the ring and getting outlanded and outhrown by big margins, you could call that running.

Watch the fight again and let us know which one of those AJ did...I don't even really like the guy but he put in a really good performance last night...but some people just like to hate no matter what, so here we are.

Comment

nah aj outlanded him

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
        nah aj outlanded him
        Missed the point, bro. Ruiz wanted AJ to engage, AJ did not at any point accommodate.

Comment

That sheit looks like me and Chollo fight.

An in shape black guy dancing around a fat white guy that hadn't been training

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Missed the point, bro. Ruiz wanted AJ to engage, AJ did not at any point accommodate.
            Why would he and give him his only chance of winning?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              And he won doing that... Won't make him any new fans but that style will make his career go on for another 20 years...

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                Why would he and give him his only chance of winning?
                Again, you're missing the point.

I'm saying - for those who missed the fight - this clip is a showcase of effectively what happened the entire fight. In other words, you missed nothing. Ruiz wanted to work trench, Joshua said no and kept it moving (literally).

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                  And he won doing that... Won't make him any new fans but that style will make his career go on for another 20 years...
                  Good on him. Until/unless he faces Wilder, because he won't be able to fight like that against Wilder. And that style will be ineffective against Fury. He'll have to engage on either one of those guys.

If he fights Usyk, Usyk picks him apart - and I'm not even an Usyk fan.

People are overrating what they saw. Joshua didn't look good, Ruiz looked terrible. Not sure why that's not clear to certain NSB'ers.

Comment

I don’t criticize Joshua for employing literally the only tactic he could win with, brilliant! Every time Joshua traded with Ruiz he lost that exchange.

I mean Joshua has been listening to and dismissing advice for years to train differently, shed some muscle and train for endurance. Ruiz delivered that same message earlier this year and that message was received.

Comment

Working...
                    X