Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does CBS still own Boxing Scene? Generally curious, I remember hearing in a podcast that someone within the industry had acquired them. They never claim they are owned by any particular interest in their articles though like the Ring website generally does when talking about GBP.

It's an issue because you can never be too careful with your news sources, you have to research and gauge whether they are impartial or have some hidden agenda.

The number is a little higher than I expected, in fact this is the exact same number Boxing Scene reported for the Spence Vs Porter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      You wilder tards do and you believe these numbers. However you try to spin it, it lost money.
      LOL, you lose again. You want to label me a Wilder hardcore fan which I am not. It would benefit you because it would make me as much as a clown as you.

I never said that they made money. If you read all along I said that nobody wanted this fight and it would be luck if it sold 200k

Bottom line is that the fact is that you are a clown.

But don't worry, Julia Slobberts is beating you for the worst post in boxing scene

Comment

Hey that’s not bad considering no one gives two sh.its about Ortiz... wilder fury will be 500k or above... book it

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          If it sold over 275,000 buys, it belonged on PPV.

I agree the first fight was a clear win, but the UK trolls insisted Wilder was given unfair advantages and that the win was stolen from Ortiz. Hence the rematch. Wilder emphatically cleared any dispute. The trolls will come up with a new complaint soon.
          Emphatic was the KO, nothing more, nothing less. Lest you forget that Wilder WAS losing on all 3 cards in a BORING fight.

Anyway, trolls WILL come up new complaints.

Comment

1. The fight sold 250k PPV's, it didn't come close to 300 or even 275.
            2. Even at 300,000 they might make an extra million and that brings the face of boxing to 4 million and Ortiz 2.5 million total...

Andy Ruiz made more then both combined fighting Joshua the first time and stands to make 5 times more the second and 5 times more again in the rubber match.

Ortiz is kicking himself for not taking the 7 million and Wilder is in therapy for letting 120 million slip through his fingers. Did I mention all the belts?

Comment

And, once again all these clowns in the UK who made up numbers were wrong...

That's what happens when you don't care about the sport, you just want to be a fanboy bytch. You end up looking stupid quite often.

Regarding the numbers, I'm surprised they're that good. I wouldn't pay to see a Wilder fight but the man is growing his name so good on him.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                1. The fight sold 250k PPV's, it didn't come close to 300 or even 275.
                2. Even at 300,000 they might make an extra million and that brings the face of boxing to 4 million and Ortiz 2.5 million total...

Andy Ruiz made more then both combined fighting Joshua the first time and stands to make 5 times more the second and 5 times more again in the rubber match.

Ortiz is kicking himself for not taking the 7 million and Wilder is in therapy for letting 120 million slip through his fingers. Did I mention all the belts?
                Huh? Ruiz is no way, shape or form made more than Wilder/Ortiz combined in this fight LOL.

Their purses weren't based on just upside of the PPV. Both had guarantees heading into it, which multiple people have reported on.

Comment

No way! If they did 100k they can be happy.

Comment

For Fury/Wilder to sell more than 500,000 PPVs would require two conditions. One, AJ will need to win the rematch and two, fans will need to be convinced that the winner will face AJ in a super fight. Like it or not AJ is the money, without AJ the numbers aren't there. That's fact not opinion.

The problem is that the smartest business move AJ can make (assuming he wins) is a rubber rematch with Ruiz for a mountain of money. On the other hand If AJ loses you can expect Fury/Wilder to sell 500k PPV's with the winner doing about the same vs Ruiz. In short, without AJ everyone takes a massive pay cut.

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    True they put on the best fights fans can’t seen to get past it being pbc tho. Wilder fury gonna do over 1.5 mil tho so get the excuses ready
                    Last edited by factsarenice; 12-04-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Ortiz received 1.5 and Wilder 3 million guaranteed...that's it. Showtime balked at the combined 4.5 million because it takes 350,000 buys just to cover the first $5 million and make any profit. Andy on the other hand made 7 million for AJ vs Ruiz I.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Huh? Ruiz is no way, shape or form made more than Wilder/Ortiz combined in this fight LOL.

Their purses weren't based on just upside of the PPV. Both had guarantees heading into it, which multiple people have reported on.
                      Last edited by factsarenice; 12-04-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X